• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MINIS! Where do you buy yours?

Satori

First Post
I'm looking at acquiring a substantial amount of DnD Minis. They can be third party, WotC brand, or anything in between.

So, I reach out to the folks at ENWorld...

Where do you get your Minis?

Corbert

Explorer
I usually get mine on Ebay, I usually bid low, and if I don't get the mini, too bad. Sure there are a lot of mini's I'll never see, just try getting a Balor for under $20.00, but at least I'm not going crazy and spending the rent/food money on my hobby ;).

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I search via Google to buy cheap cases, which I go in on with a friend. Haven't done that for a few release, though.

-- N

Agamon

Adventurer
eBay's the way to go for older stuff. I get a case form the FLGS whenever a new set comes out. Then I have to pare down the collection by selling some of my collection to keep it at a reasonable amount (if over a thousand can be considered reasonable - I have them all on display and in easy reach in my gaming room).

JustKim

First Post
http://miniaturemarket.com/
Miniature Market has some of the best prices on cases, bulk discounts on multiple cases (buying two cases will get you a full set or close to it), and lower than Ebay prices on singles. Shipping on any order over $75 is free and they ship fast. You will have your package in 2-3 days, unlike some places who will take your $12 for priority mail, wait 10 days to even ship them out, then send them via UPS. I won't name names, but.. Paizo. It's Paizo. Paizo also charges 2-3 times market price for singles and the singles "may or may not" be bagged or carded. Who knows? Paizo is pretty much your worst choice for miniatures.

Another good place to get singles is Noble Knight Games. Their prices are comparable with Miniature Market, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. However, the important thing is that figures from the older sets are getting pretty hard to find and what you can't find at Miniature Market, you may find at Noble Knight. Noble Knight also ships quickly, but they don't offer free shipping.

The cheapest place to get cases in my experience has been Game Outfitter. They beat Miniature Market by a few dollars, but they do not sell singles. I can't recall how quickly they shipped, because most of my orders have been with Miniature Market.. I like to pick up other things while I'm getting my cases.

Vrecknidj

Explorer
I usually get most of my minis in the following manner.

1) I go to the minis pre-release events, usually with my son and sometimes a friend of his. I buy their way in, so I get the minis. This nets be 4 or 6 boosters usually. One of us usually places in the top 4, so that's usually another booster or two.

2) I try to play in other Limited events, getting the same results as above.

3) I trade some of my minis for minis I need.

4) I buy anything else I need from eBay sellers.

Dave

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Satori said:
I'm looking at acquiring a substantial amount of DnD Minis. They can be third party, WotC brand, or anything in between.

So, I reach out to the folks at ENWorld...

Where do you get your Minis?

Where do you live? There might be a good store or source near you that someone could point out that they would not if they did not know where you live.

Satori

First Post
I'm currently located in Orange County, near Irvine.

I'm sad to say that it never once dawned on me to look for a hobby shop nearby.

Color me embarrassed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads