• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Minor Magic Items

Ero Gaki

First Post
I've got an Artificer who wishes to start a business selling minor magic items. I don't mean potions of cure light wounds, I mean minor items that are useful but cheap enough for the common man to buy, such as:

1. A dragon figurine that flies around eating flys and other pests that are in your house.
2. A comb that magically combs your hair for you.
3. A welcome mat that always cleans itself.

You know, really minor stuff. The thing is, I don't know how I would make these things without them being really expensive. I can't see someone buying a magic comb for 2000 gp when they can do the deed themselves. Does anyone have any tips for this?

Targos

First Post
Ero Gaki said:
I've got an Artificer who wishes to start a business selling minor magic items. I don't mean potions of cure light wounds, I mean minor items that are useful but cheap enough for the common man to buy, such as:

1. A dragon figurine that flies around eating flys and other pests that are in your house.
2. A comb that magically combs your hair for you.
3. A welcome mat that always cleans itself.

You know, really minor stuff. The thing is, I don't know how I would make these things without them being really expensive. I can't see someone buying a magic comb for 2000 gp when they can do the deed themselves. Does anyone have any tips for this?

When you say a common man, if you mean a peasant who makes a few silvers a day I'd say you're out of luck. Its not to say however, that your customers wouldn't be the wealthier types such as craftsmen, merchants, and even aristocrats. The latter two items sound like prestidigitation items that I'd estimate as low as 1000gp. You can give it charges or limited uses per day to reduce the price. I thought there was a rule for decreasing price by giving it limitations, but I don't see it in the 3.5 DMG. For example the comb only works for a certain race, sex, or even individual and the welcome mat only works in specific homes thus detering theft. The figurine is a cool idea, but I suspect it would be much more expensive as Animate Objects comes to mind.

Other ideas:
An exquisite wine goblet that turns red if it contains poison. [Detect Poison]
The nanny cradle that hums infants to sleep. [Lullaby & Ghost Sound]
A compass [Know Direction]

dcollins

Explorer
Ero Gaki said:
Does anyone have any tips for this?

It looks like the D&D rules pricing is fundamentally set up higher than you're trying to go. A permanent item of prestidigitation (do any of the effects you list) is ballparked at 1,000 gp. Even a one-shot potion of prestidigitation would be 25 gp. A simple continual flame spell torch is 90 gp. Going lower than that is basically counter to the D&D rules.

Scion

First Post
Since it is only a small use of a minor spell and it cannot use any other functions I'd say they can be priced very low.

Plus the fact that they have no combat use at all. There are many items which are priced very cheaply because of that.

I'd have to say that any single, limited use of pretidigitation for a noncombat use would likely cost around 50 to 200 gp (depending on how useful it is in other situations).

I'd have to say that the three listed here would be in the 50gp range with extra cost above that depending on just how nice it was before being enchanted.

Nail

First Post
#1) The spell effects your items are going for are cantrips - 0 level - and so cost half.

#2) Given the standard duration for Prestidigitation, and either of these effects are more minor than that, you might say their durations (a custom spell) is 24 hours. If so, then it could be a 1 charge per day magic item, and cut the price by 80%.

#3) You could argue the dragon figurine is "slotless". Therefore x2 price. The comb is technically "slotless", but you do have to hold in your hand and use it for it to be effective......few DMs would impose the slotless price penalty on that.

So:

Comb of Untangling (Command Gesture, 1/day, CL 1, SpLvl 0) = 1800gp * 1(CL) * 1/2(SpLvl) * 1/5(uses per day) = 180gp.

Dragon Figurine of Fly Eating (Command Word, 1/day, CL 1, SpLvl 0) = 1800gp * 1(CL) * 1/2(SpLvl) * 1/5(uses per day) * 2(slotless) = 360gp.

There you go! ;)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
We had a big long list once, similar to a 1001 minor magic items type list, around here. I cannot seem to find it, and my search fu is apparently weak today. Can anyone else locate it? I'd like to put it into the OGRE test.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Thanks Morrus!

It was the third one down. I started to transfer some of the more appropriate material to this thread, listed below, but I left off on "Results 21 to 30 of 87" on the third link, and I did not get to the fourth link yet. I intend to transfer the rest to this thread, so there is one place to find them all, and then start working on the OGRE entry another time.

Message Stones - a pair of small stone which when held sends a short message to it's partner stone. The D&D equivalent of sending a text message. The recipient is a single named given stone - there's not a network. To limit the power/use each stone can either send or receive one message per day, not both. Primary use - soldiers who are away from home can 'text' their wives back home to let them know they're OK at the end of the day.

Image Frame - a frame that on command reveals an unmoving, silent, partially transparent 3D image. The image is always exactly the same as determined when the frame was crafted. Essentially a hologram of something/someone that can be turned on or off. Creatures with any intelligence will never mistake the image for anything other than what it truly is.

Tidy stone. When left in an unattended room, an Unseen Servant tidies it.

Magic Chef - a small box that heats or cools food placed inside. Larger, more expensive versions are capable of actually cooking or freezing food.

Chime of Waking - This small chime looks like two bells attached to each other to look similar to an hourglass. Invert the chime once for each hour you wish to sleep, up to twelve time. After the number of hours has passed, the chime will ring until it is picked up. For each minute it is not picked up it will begin to ring louder. Maxiumum volume is reached in 5 minutes and is equivalent to the sound from a a large hand bell.

Vase of Blooms - flowers placed in this vase will bloom within one day, if unopened, and will remain fresh for up to one week without water.

1) Pitchers or mugs which chill any beverage placed in them. Alternately, a thermos or bowl that warms beverages placed in them.
2) Paper or cloth which repells water and, hense, dries itself when removed from water and is relatively waterproof.
3) Feather dusters which animate upon a command word and clean all dust from the area. (unseen servant + prestidigitation)
4) Candles which light themselves upon a command word.
5) Candles which play musical tunes, send out showers of harmless colored sparks, are produce simple illusions when lit.
6) Wands of hairstyling, which hold hair in place (even in gravity defying ways) when styled.
7) Boxes which act as insect traps by luring a particular type of insect to enter them. Practically used to control pests, and extragently used to attract fireflies, butterflies, or other decorative insects.
8) Salt or spice shakers which gradually refill themselves (so long as they are not emptied).
9) Spoons or pots which enhance the flavor of the dish they are used to prepare.
10) Various tools for giving small bonuses to craft or profession skills.
11) Wineskins or canteens that gradually refill themselves with water (so long as they are not emptied).
12) Dishes, or clothes which clean themselves of (light) grime on a command word.
13) Brushes which color minor scratches or blemish on an item (or polish it), or even specialized brushes that recolor makeup or hair.
14) Playing cards, dice, dice cups or other items designed to make it easier to cheat or to pull of cons (shell games).

Bag of Shopping - These thin bags activate when unfolded. Once activated, a single bag weighs one pound but can hold 15 pounds worth of goods, up to five cubic feet in volume. 12 hours after activation, the bag loses its magical properties. If the contents have not been removed, the bag tears and the contents spill out. Many merchants place the name or symbol of their store on the outside of the bags. Some merchants allow customers to return whole, discharged bags to them and pay a small return fee. Merchants can then have the bag's magical energy recharged at a 25% savings over the construction of new bags.

mugs, plates bowls and eating utensils that can Detect Poison - they glow a sickly green when poison is present.

Zephyrfan - A small paper fan that hovers near the bearer's face waving air to cool them.

Edgecloth - no more bulky whetstones and tiresome honing of blades, simply run this cloth over your edged weapon once to restore its sharpness. Nicks can be buffed out with just a few quick strokes. Great for cooking knives as well!

Time Stone/Disc - A small round disc three inches in diameter and an inch deep, typicaly made of stone or metal. With engravings set around its perimeter, which mark the hours. The engraveings glow to indicate the time. Mid price mundane item, popular with merchants and middle classes, as well as those to which tracking time is important. The rich may carry more elaborate Time Stones, made of precious metals of with other finerys.

Based on 'Time Square', a large court yard in the temple district with twenty four huge slabs which glow acording to the hour. (IMC the temples of the sun god and moon godess were oposite sides of time square. Makeing the whole time thing somewhat relvent to the location.)

Scribes Quill - Everlasting quill, with clear benifits for those who would otherwise use a lot of ink.

Wonderous Soap - It's basicaly really good soap.

Dream Catchers - Keeps nightmares out. Spells that work through dreams or sleep will pass these minor trinkets, but a more powerful catcher could be created. (Would probably work via spell resistance or something)

Magical Bed/Bedding - Very comfy, and helps to sleep. May or may not cause problems in the morning.

Alerationists - Certain mages who will perform permanent alterations for an apropriate fee. Rangeing from simple colour changes for hair, eyes, maybe skin, to changeing features, height or posibly even rather extreme changes. Customers must consider the skills and reputation of their alterationist. Well trusted and competent practicers may charge more, but the cost of winding up with no hair, or worse is likely far worse. (If the PCs are interested, roll some dice. )

Other misc ideas - A dress which works as a +6 cha cape, a lumberjack's axe (tree bane?), a famous cooks special cooking pot, 'potions of voice' for public speakers.

Animation coins. Put one on an object and that object animates for 1 minute. Not good for adventurers, but good for rearranging your furniture.
Animated chess. The pieces actually fight and move.

A small charm to protect you from the attacks of normal insects.

Yeah old standard bedroll that lets you sleep in full armor.

For the rich and paranoid - lightweight curtains that "snap stiff" on a command word

Cooler: This small box can keep up to 5 pounds of food or liquid cold indefinitely. Five individual compartments within the box can each hold up to one pound of food or drink no larger than a plate of food or small mug of liquid.
Mild universal; CL 1; Craft Wondrous Item, prestidigitation; Value: 4,000 gp; Cost: 2,000 gp + 160 xp. Weight: 20 lbs.

Fix-it Box: This small box can mend any rip, tear, clean break or hole in leather/fabric that is placed in the box, up to one pound in weight. The item is placed in the box. The door is closed and opened one round later. If the item can be fixed by mending it is repaired when the door opens. This item can be found in single use per day and unlimited use per day versions.
Mild transmutation; CL 1; Craft Wondrous Item, mending; Value: 4,000 gp (unlimited), 200 gp (once per day); Cost: 2,000 gp + 1600 xp (unlimited), 100 gp + 8 xp (once per day). Weight: 10 lbs.

Ladder of Climbing: This 10-foot long ladder provides anyone using the ladder a +5 competence bonus to Climb checks made on the ladder. Ladders found in high wind areas might have this effect at a higher competence bonus.
Mild transmutation; CL 2; Craft Wondrous Item, 5 ranks of Climb; Value: 2,500 gp; Cost: 1,250 gp + 100 xp. Weight: 8 lbs.

Street Cleaner: In large cities, a mule or pony will be seen drawing this wheeled cart. The teamster leading the mule or pony keeps the pace slow. As it moves it cleans a ten-foot wide, 1-foot long strip of the road, removing all debris and puddles in one round of time. The cart has a switch that can turn the effect on or off. In an hour, a practiced user can clean a 600-foot long, 10-foot wide road.
Mild universal; CL 1; Craft Wondrous Item, prestidigitation; Value: 4,000 gp; Cost: 2,000 gp + 160 xp. Weight: 100 lbs.

Warning Arch: This ornate trellis emits a beeping tone when a magic aura of moderate or stronger strength passes under the archway. Many large cities with specific magic restrictions will use these to screen travelers wishing to enter the city.
Mild divination; CL 5; Craft Wondrous Item, detect magic, ghost sound; Value: 5,000 gp; Cost: 2,500 gp + 200 xp. Weight: 300 lbs.

Tenser's Table -- A sheet of marble three inches thick that hovers at table height. It can support up to 500 lbs. before sinking (gently) to the floor. Otherwise, its height and position are quite stable. It serves no function over that of a regular table, but it is very expensive.

Tenser's Chandelier -- An intricate design made of glass, crystal and various shiny metals, this chandelier seems to weigh nothing -- it floats where it is positioned, its thirty gemlights providing the light of thirty candles. Also, it is very expensive.

All-Spice - an edible powder created with a weak glamer (a taste-based variation on Ghost Sound) that allows the powder to assume the flavor of anything the user can visualize. It retains potency for one hour, and is used to season otherwise bland meals, or to lend exotic flavors to specific dishes.

Fragrant Stone - a chunk of soft stone that wears away over a weeks time, exuding a strong fragrance all the while, much like incense. (The effect can be diminished by placing a metal censer over it, with only small holes for the scent to escape, but the default scent is quite strong, eye-wateringly so to someone who holds it to their nose and takes a deliberate whiff.) The scent is chosen at the time of creation and cannot have any special properties (skunk, troglodyte or ghast stench are not options, for instance, nor are poisonous gases!).

Lambent Stone - an item of stone or metal of up to five pounds that has a Continual Flame *and* a Mage Hand-like effect upon it. When held aloft and released, it will float where it is placed, and maintain it's position with up to 5 lbs of force. Anyone with a Strength of 1 or higher can deliberately move the item around, and it will similarly remain wherever they 'place' it. In vogue among nobles, and in certain temples, these items are often exquisitely crafted with royal insignia or diefic holy symbols, and can be far more expensive, depending upon the materials used in construction and the amount and quality of any artwork that went into it's decoration!

Coalstone (from an old Dragon magazine) - a diamond is 'regressed' by magic so that it emits heat (and weak pressure, enough to make it tricky to hold, as it tends to skitter about if not gripped securely) as the diamond slowly turns back into a larger lump of coal! It generates 1 hit point of Fire damage if held for a full round, but inflicts no harm on a briefer contact. The heat it generates is sufficient to cook over, and it produces this heat for 1 day / gold piece value of the diamond (losing 1 gp value / day) before reverting back to a lump of cold coal.

Cooling Fog - creates a bank of fog that is barely knee high and covers a 10' square. This is a stationary effect once created and lasts until it knows the touch of sunlight (and so could be effectively permanant, under the right conditions). The fog is not adequate to provide any sort of cover or concealment, but exudes a constant chill that keeps the temperature in the area only a few degrees above freezing. The effect is used in basements to create cool storerooms for perishable goods. While the fog rises only about a foot off the ground, the cooling effect extends a full 10' up from the ground.

Insignia Pendant - this finely crafted talisman is always created very specifically for a certain noble family or church official, producing an Arcane Mark effect when it is pressed to a document by a designated personage. (This individual need not be a specific individual, and is usually defined to function for any person within a certain positionc *role,* such as 'only the King,' or 'only the High Priest.') The mark produced can be readily identified as being the genuine mark of that personage, and is fiendishly hard to 'forge,' as the same Wizard who created the initial Insignia Pendent must be forced (or paid) to create a duplicate. Savvy Wizards may well refuse a commision to create such an item, after one Wizard was killed by the ruler who had commisioned an Insignia Pendant from him to avoid the potential of his royal mark ever being duplicated...

Ghost Masks - popular with nobles in a certain decadent locality, these fine porcelain masks are polished with a fine glaze, and sometimes have fanciful images painted upon them. (In Waterdeep, a priesthood was known to cover theirs with a paper thin sheen of silver on their outer surface giving them a reflective appearance.) The mask is featureless, and has no holes for eyes, but is weightless, nearly insubstantial and all-but invisible to the wearer once set into place, allowing the user to see through it despite it's lack of eyeholes, and breath or speak unimpeded (although it does slightly obscure vision, giving a -1 to Spot and Search checks while worn, and it slightly obscures the users voice, giving a +1 to Disguise or Bluff checks to conceal one's identity). As an added feature, the mask also has a Mage Hand effect, causing it to hold itself in place with a Strength of 1, and so requires no straps or fastenings.

Animated Cloak - this cloak moves to drape itself across the wearers arm upon mental command, or flares out dramatically, also at it's users mental direction. One noble lady had a cloak with a 'ruff' of peacock feathers that rose to frame her head in a majestic display upon her mental command, but this was an expensive variation. Dancers who entertain the richest clients sometimes have sheer silken scarves that move around them sinuously, like serpents.

Service Set - depending upon the culture and traditions, this can be either a tea service set of bone china, a brass coffee pot and cups, or a bottle of elven wine and set of delicate fluted crystal goblets. In any event the magic is the same, the bottle / coffeepot / teakettle float around the table filling the glasses / cups at the mental direction of the one who last touched the bottle / pot. In the case of coffeepots or teakettles, they also heat their contents magically. More expensive sets include the Mage Hand spell upon the individual cups / glasses as well, and they all swirl through the air and settle themselves before their guests at a mental command as well. Some practice is required before a person can do this gracefully, and it could be an expensive disaster if a neophyte tries to make too many glasses fly around the table at once... Both line of sight and line of effect are required, and the items cannot be moved quickly enough to harm anyone, requiring a full-round action from the 'user' to cause them to move around. They cannot move more than 10 ft. from the user, and are typically kept in a cabinet close to the table where they are to 'perform' their function.

Magic Chalk - this six inch piece of chalk is thicker than expected and quite sturdy, for it's composition. At the holder's mental direction, it 'writes' a glowing trail of faerie fire that lasts for one hour. It can be stopped and started as a free action, allowing a skilled writer to form words and letters as quickly as he could with an ink pen. The faerie fire could be 'written' down on cloth, paper, stone, metal or even flesh, but is most dramatic when it is used upon the very air itself, leaving glowing 'words of fire' hanging in the air! When written upon a solid object, the letters move with the object, but if engraved upon a non-solid (air, water, sand, etc) the letters 'hang' in place, despite the unstable nature of the surface. Each piece of Magic Chalk is good for about 300 words worth of text, shrinking by one inch / 50 words enscribed, until it is worn away.

Ghost Mail - sometimes a noble *knows* that he isn't in any danger, but is expected to attend a function in the ceremonial armor of the family, or an aging priest wishes to project the appearance that he is still sturdy enough to wear his old plate armor, but simply cannot. Other times, a foolish heir simply can't be bothered to put on his armor, and pays the price in vulnerability for his comfort... This pendant creates the illusion of full-plate armor over the wearer, a full-sensory illusion that includes sight, sound and touch, but the image is weightless and non-restrictive to the 'wearer,' allowing him to move unencumbered, at the expense of being unarmored. It can be worn over typical clothing, or even light or medium armor (some may 'compromise' by wearing a mithral chain shirt under the guise of much sturdier armor), but not heavy armor, as heavy armor is too bulky and 'shows through,' wrecking the illusion. The armor appears immediately when the amulet is donned, and vanishes as quickly if the amulet is removed from the wearer. Each pendant only projects the image of a single suit of armor, almost invariably the ceremonial full plate of some noble line or notable priesthood, although this armor does resize and reshape itself to fit most humanoid wearers, regardless of gender, race or size (S, M, or L, it does not resize for larger or smaller users).

Jars of Preserving, large clay jars that prevent grain within from going bad, growing mold, or being eaten by pests.

Leomund's Secret Still: produces 4 liters of gin per day and can be folded up to fit in your pocket. Requires half an hour of operation to produce one liter.

Ring of invisibility that turns invisible when you put it on... but you don't.

Hortence the Singing Rock - its a sentient rock that sings (it does take umbrage if thrown however and may begin to yodel!)

Drungar's Everflowing Tap: A tap that when attached to any keg (empty or not) produces beer. Not high quality ale, but drinkable stuff.

Brother Tanaka's Tea Cup - Small Wooden Cup with the Rokugan Character for Tea Carved in the bottom. When held in left hand and rapped with right hand on the side of the cup it would fill with tea. Black with a twist of lemon.

A wooden spoon that was basically a wand of magic missiles... Except that it wasn't 1-3 missiles that it shot...

Chelly's Wand of Pies: Wooden Spoon that fires 1-3 pies that strike the target unerringly. Activation word is "duck".

Slippers of Warmth
Ring of Perfect Manicure
Well of Create Water
Throwrug of Dusting
Helm of Perfect Teeth
Harness of Pleasant Odor
Hankerchief of Cleanliness
Stamp of Unending Ink
Breadbox of Toasting
Bedpan of Teleportation (definate possible abuse)
Chessboard of Impending Permission
Quill of Grammar
Immovable Hat
Shoes of Perpetual Shinniness
Lute of Tuning
Boots of Gracefull Dancing

Ever empty bowl.

I'm over here: A little bell on a necklace that only people you choose can hear.

weedbane sickle (doesn't harm crops)
earrings of listening
spoon of subtle flavors (for spicing stews, etc)
moss-repellent stone
garden gnome golem
brooch of diplomacy
candles of seduction
cork of freshness - stored liquid never goes bad
+1 mithril letter opener of literacy
cube of sweetness - drop in liquid to sweeten it, but it doesn't dissolve

Quall's Feather Token: Pillow. When activated, this feather converts into a normal, soft pillow.

Tableware of Cleanliness
This complete set of tableware (plate, bowl, cup, saucer, knife, fork, spoon) will make itself spotlessly clean when the command word is spoken.

Hat of Shade
This wide brimmed hat makes it's wearer immune to sunburn.

Chalice of Carefullness
When this chalice is filled with liquid, it cannot be spilled. All liquid will stay inside the chalice, even if it is turned upside down. You can still drink from the chalice as you normally would.

Blade of Grooming Safety
This razor sharp blade grants a +5 bonus to attacks against hair or uses of Profession: Barber. However, the blade is completely incapable of attacking flesh, and will pass directly through it without harm.

Mirror of Reversal
This magic mirror shows images as if it were placed on the exact opposide side of an object than the side it is really on (i.e. looking directly into it gives you a view of the back of your head).

Spectacles of the Index
These glasses are activated by speaking a command word, followed by any other word you are interested in. From then on, when you see that word written, it will appear to be surrounded by a bright light. This effect allows you to quickly flip through the pages of a book to find a specific word.

Deck of Shuffling
This deck of playing cards will randomize themselves when a command word is spoken. Only cards in physical contact with the user speaking the command word are affected. The deck is otherwise completely normal.

Teddy Bear of Quiet Slumber. Willing target activates item by snuggling, sleeps quietly for eight hours. Wakens refreshed and ready to face the new day.

Ring of Hair Growth. Say goodbye to premature balding!

Glove of Waving and Pointing. Glove increases the apparent size of the wielder's hand by three times when he is using it to point something out or to wave hello. Large script on the glove reads 'We're #1!'

Ever Watered Pot. Plants planted within this simple clay pot need not be watered, the pot administering the correct amount of moisture each day.

Sundial of Weather Detection. Turns wet when it is raining, and white when it is snowing - time can be read even on cloudy days.

Ever Moving Bookmark. Placed within a book the bookmark transports to the last page read. A cursed version moves to a random page, even when placed by hand to mark the proper page.

Loofah of perpetual soapiness
Clotheshorse of instant drying.

Amulet, of Anti-Hangovers
After consuming alcohol, will not wake up with a hangover.

Amulet, of Crying
Wearer can cry instantly whenever he wants.

Amulet, of Helmet Hair
Keeps hair combed after taking off a helmet or a hat.

Boots, of Detection
Users footsteps are loud no matter what surface he is walking on.

Broom, of Sweeping
Will keep a 10'x10' area clean 1x/day.

Candle, of Clean Air
Candle burns like normal, but produces no smoke.

Circlet, of Incoherency
User is unable to speak properly and everything he says comes out as incoherent babble.

Collar, of Identifying
Magical writing will appear on this leather animal collar & reveals the animals name & the name of the owner.

Cone, of Voice Amplification
Users voice will sound twice as loud as normal.

Cube, of Sweetness
1x/day can be dropped into a liquid without dissolving to give drink a sugary taste.

Girdle, of Gender Confusion
Wearer thinks his/her gender has changed, but it hasn't.

Handkerchief, of Silent Nose Blowing
Casts the Silence spell on user while blowing his nose.

Hat, of Awakeness
This nightcap allows the user's eye lids to stay open while he is sleeping.

Hourglass, of Lateness
Sand pours for 1 hour & 5 minutes rather than 1 hour no matter how much sand is in it.

Lute, of Tuning
Lute always stays in tune.

Mask, of Censorship
User cannot speak swear words in any language.

Quill, of Grammar
Always writes with perfect grammar & spelling.

Ring, of Three Washes
3 charges, user & all his gear are instantly cleaned.

Robe, of Good Shape
User looks slim if he is overweight.

Robe, of Useless Items
1x/day, user can pull a useless item from one of the robes pockets.

Rock, of Weather Detection
Determines the weather by turning cold, hot, wet, dry, ect ect.

Sign, of Naming
When command word is spoken, user can speak a name and it will appear engraved on this wooden sign.

Slippers, of Graceful Dancing
Feet are always graceful when dancing to music.

Stone, of 3rd Person
Person holding stone always speaks in 3rd person.

Wand, of Bubbles
Blowing into circular loop at the end of the wand produces bubbles.

Li Shenron

Legend
Does anyone have any tips for this?

Not really useful tips, but a couple of considerations:

- what is your purpose (as a player)? I sincerely hope it's not for making more money, because it will open a can of worms

- for pricing, it all depends on your fantasy settings... if magic, magic items and magic services are common, I would see no problem in saying that your items are cheap: it doesn't mean everyone can buy them, but usually high-magic campaigns also tend to feature modern-like economy and wealth at the same time, so that normal people in those settings are generally wealthy (much more than medieval historical earth at least); in a low-magic world I would excpet even minor magic items to be bought only by very important people and therefore be outrageously expensive

So overall I would start discussing with your DM about what kind of pricing would fit with your fantasy world, and only then I would decide how much it will cost your PC to make those items.

But honestly, I totally prefer a game where crafting yields a net ZERO in monetary gain for the PCs.

Remove ads