• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MiPS Lost Mine Part II

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: @mips42, [MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION], Did I miss the map or description? Or is this precise positioning just artistic license on perrinmillers part?

Leonan leaves the paladin whose only priorities are his own decisions and checks for alternate exists. Soon, he veers off the path before any guards could count them.
"Brlo? Coming?"

OOC: stealth +5 if needed

Axel

First Post
Brlo stared after Caatagyr's back with consternation. "Aye, som'n 'as t'save 'im from 'imself."

With a sigh the Dwarf hurried after the others, quarter stuff thumping the ground as his crossbow rhythmically clacked into his mail. Dragonborn must have strange families. What about uncles? Cousins? Brother and sister? There got to be more than the poor girl's mother alive!

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr casts a sidelong look at Eddicus and winks. "Don't worry, I'll take 'em alive if I can."

The dwarf straightens his helm and lays his maul across his shoulder, resting his other hand on the axe at his belt as he moves to keep pace with the paladin.

mips42

Adventurer
Stepping outside the Stonehill reveals a crystal blue sky with only a few light clouds. The air is ripe with the smell of earth and trees. Looking around, only a few people, likely locals or stray miners, move between the buildings.
It takes only a moment and an incredulous look or two to find someone to point you in the direction of the Sleeping Giant.
A short way up the road that leads to the ruins of Tresendar Manor, you find the faded, worn and somewhat ramshackle building that is the Sleeping Giant. Four human ruffians linger on the covered porch, one standing and three perched on empty ale barrels or leaning against the wall. They all wear grimy scarlet cloaks, their sullen stares fixed on you as you approach.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Outside Sleeping Giant Tavern ~

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 18; Current: 18
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 10/10 points avail
Spells: 2/2 points avail (Bless, Command, Wrathful Smite)
Weapon in Hand: Lance
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr did not stop and kept going. To do so now that they were under observation would have told the ruffians more about their purpose. Seeing four of them outside was not a deterrent to prevent him from approaching the tavern. It was even odds. The red cloaks made it rather obvious that they were likely the Redbrands. He thought that rather convenient for identification purposes.

He took note of their appearance was particularly looking to see what weapons they might be carrying and whether they were wearing armor or not.

His face sported a neutral mask on his dragon visage as he reached the porch. He did a nod of a greeting, “G'day.”

Then Castagyr made to continue right on into the tavern like he cared less about the loitering thugs out front.

[sblock=OOC]I just looked up the town on the forgotten realms wiki and the map is there.

Mips45, what armor and weapons (if any) do the ruffians have visible?[/sblock]

mips42

Adventurer
The standing man is very large by human standards, nearly as large as the dragonborn by the look of him. He is wearing a leather breast piece that looks like it could be used for a wash basin and, next to him, is a large, nasty-looking axe.
The other three also appear to be wearing leather or studded leather and have short swords on them.
'Well, well,' one of the three sitting ones says with a condescending tone, 'it looks like some children have come to play. Well, we're not interested kids. Run along now before we hafta call your mothers to come get you.'

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Along with Castagyr and the others who enter, Eddicus continues into the Sleeping Giant past the four humans on the porch, commenting to the one who spoke as he goes in, "It's lovely out-of-doors, isn't it? Enjoy your Radiant afternoon!"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

~ Outside Sleeping Giant Tavern ~

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 18; Current: 18
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 10/10 points avail
Spells: 2/2 points avail (Bless, Command, Wrathful Smite)
Weapon in Hand: Lance
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr kept right on walking. He kept half and eye on the big one, but he was angling to get a look into the window of the tavern. He was interested in trying to see if there were more of the thugs inside as well. So far he was carrying his lance in a non-threatening manner, but it was clearly visible and had been in his hand the entire time.

He ignored the insults and replied, “You are welcome to go find my mother if you would like. Good luck with that,” he added sardonically.

[sblock=OOC]Move 5 SQ East [/sblock]

mips42

Adventurer
[Sblock=Castagyr and Eddicus]
Bulling your way past the mass of red-cloaked humans proves to be more difficult than you anticipated as they make a solid wall blocking the doorway.
From the vantage of the narrow front porch, you can see a person at a crude bar and a pair of non-red-clad people inside, but that's it. The interior of the Sleeping giant is, if anything, in even worse shape than the outside; there are dirty rushes on the floor, the tables and chairs look like they would have been worn out about twenty years ago, the windows are grimy and let in very little light.
'Look,' one of the smaller ones says, 'this here is a private place, not like that Stone-hole place. We don't let in midgets, pointy-ears or salamanders. Get lost, pups.'[/Sblock]
[Sblock=Brlo and Leonan]
Sneaking around to the back side of the Sleeping Giant, you see a large trash pile and another small out-building not too far away. You see no rear entrance and only a small, grimy window.
[/Sblock]

Last edited:

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr opens his mouth to speak, then thinks better of it. He squints one eye and contemplatively scratches his whiskered chin for a second with the back of his axe's head.

"###########,"** he mutters to himself and let's his hand axe fly at the big mouthy one, then steps around Castagyr and leaps forward to engage him in melee.

**Dwarvish phrase that roughly translates as "Ah, $&@#% it"

OOC: Basically, ranged attack and then take a diagonal step behind Castagyr and diagonal step back up to his other side - I'm assuming the one in front of him is the leader. Then use my Action Surge to make a melee attack.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads