• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MiPS Lost Mine Part II

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Twinkle, twinkle, little star." quick singsong comes from the bard and the thug folds down, sleeping before he hit the ground.

"Sleep, you'll feel better in the morning." starts the bard with smile before his face contorts as his magic keeps flowing out
"No!" he makes several faces each more contorted then the last and then thick beard spills from his cheeks, chin and neck...in pure black...feathers.

Well, that went well..." he pats his new beard proudly, still with a smile.
"Still, we have some more of them to catch. Brlo, did you see anyone?"

Sleep spell, surge check (5d8=28; 1d20=1 - ARGH! surge!
Surge result (1d100=17) - you grow feather beard until you sneeze when all that flies away

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: This, in a nutshell, is the reason we need more and different Sorcerer subclasses, so our PCs don't have to be either a Scaly Lizard or a Box of Chaos -- unless you like that sort of thing. (Yeah, I know there's the "Storm Sorcerer" out there since SCAG, but that one's not much better.)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: This, in a nutshell, is the reason we need more and different Sorcerer subclasses, so our PCs don't have to be either a Scaly Lizard or a Box of Chaos -- unless you like that sort of thing. (Yeah, I know there's the "Storm Sorcerer" out there since SCAG, but that one's not much better.)

OOC:
I actually like wild sorcerer (and played one in 4e where there weren't surges :) - it is not mechanically powerful (you cannot optimize for one type of damage etc...), but it gives something extra to RP. There was a table of 10 000 surge results (some of course repeating or very similar...but there was more surges and I had power to trigger one several times a day intentionally. This 1 in 20 seems kinda 1/level thing. Of course, I roll twice after Tides of Chaos and mips42 can say any spell triggers it after it...but still, how will your characters react now that tame bard turns out to be crazy time bomb >:)

IC:
Don't kill that one! We may get some information out of him. Lets put him in the tavern, let me try to charm some information off him. Also, there are two guys in the tavern too. This may not be over yet.

mips42

Adventurer

Axel

First Post
Brlo turned as the panel opened, glad for Castagyr's sake that he was guarding the rear. "T'runners a't'back!" Brlo yelled, aiming at the legs of the first man.

The string snapped forward with a crack. The bolt screamed through the air briefly before burying itself in the first man's thigh.

Reaction attack: 1d20+6 19 Non-lethal damage: 1d10+2 11

Bracing his huge crossbow against the ground, Brlo began to crank it back. Getting ready for another round...

mips42

Adventurer
The large man, presumably the bartender falls to the ground screaming in pain and holding his leg.

--- Round 2 ---
Vottr, you are up.
--- Round 3 ---
Eddicus
Castagyr,
Leonan
Redbrands
NPCs
Brlo

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: The two who had been inside the Bleeping Dragon taphouse exited out the back through a hidden panel. Brlo saw them, and called out to the rest of the party: "Two runners" -- though he didn't pronounce it that way. Brlo then shot one of them with his crossbow; that one fell to the ground in agony with a crossbow bolt through his leg. The other one is still running, unless he does something stupid such as stopping to help his fallen comrade.
If Vottr can understand his cousin Brlo's dialect, then he knows of the two in the back; and if his hearing also caught the twang of Brlo's crossbow, and the sounds of a body falling, and the screams of pain, then he knows that not both runners got away. The remaining runner can probably run faster than Vottr, however.

Remove ads