MiPS Lost Mine Part II

GameDoc

Explorer
Hearing his cousin call out, Vottr charges around the corner of the of the tavern. Seeing one man on the turf clutching his leg, he targets the one still run in and lets fly with his remaining handaxe... and misses.

"Clangeddin's hairy arse!" he swears.

OOC: Move right 2 squares then diagonally up/right 3 squares

Attack roll =7

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
OOC: I think Brlo's actions have been skipped. His shot was a reaction setup in the previous round. If I'm wrong, please disregard the rest of this post!

His crossbow loaded again, Brlo hefted the weapon to his shoulder and stepped over the body of the screaming human. "Best t'stay where y'are lad!" he yelled at the second human's back.

He waited a second, to gauge the man's reaction. If he kept fleeing, Brlo would take him in the leg - just like his downed friend.

ooc: Only applies if the man doesn't stop or surrender.

Heavy crossbow attack: 1d20+6 17
Non-lethal damage: 1d10+2 9

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Moving forward (i.e. north) fifteen feet and diagonally north away from the Sleeping Dragon another fifteen feet, Eddicus gives himself a nearly point-blank view of the last target standing. He calls upon his deity for the power to stop the runner, and casts Guiding Bolt at the man from where he has stopped.

[roll0] [roll1]
(On a hit, the next attack roll against the same target before the end of Eddicus' next turn has advantage.)

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: After re-reading the original posts, I believe that Axel is correct and that the original crossbow shot should have been treated as a reaction and not an action and that, therefore, Brlo should have gotten a shot on his turn as well. Consider it done. All Redbrands and NPC's are dead, unconscious or wounded in such a way that they cannot escape and combat is completed.
Ruffian 1: definitely dead
Ruffian 2(big guy): unconscious
Ruffian 3: Probably dead
Ruffian 4: sleeping
probable bartender: wounded and bleeding heavily
Probable patron: wounded and bleeding heavily

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Calling to the others to "Tend to the two from the inside so they don't die," Eddicus goes to the one he put down with his dagger. He kneels there, recovers his dagger, and casts Spare the Dying on that one.

OOC: If the combat ended on Brlo's turn, would Eddicus have seen the patron drop? I'm wondering whether he has used up a spell slot yet today: if both targets were down, he wouldn't have cast "Guiding Bolt" as stated above. (No?)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

~ Outside Sleeping Giant Tavern ~

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 18; Current: 15
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 10/10 points avail
Spells: 2/2 points avail (Bless, Command, Wrathful Smite)
Weapon in Hand: Lance (reach weapon)
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr wiped the blood off of his lance from the one thug he killed. It was unfortunate that they had to kill them, but whatever plans he had for talking with them and forcing them to attack went out the window with Vottr’s abrupt violence.

Standing in front of the tavern in the carnage, the paladin said, “At least the leader here is alive. We need to secure that sleeping one before he wakes up. Does anyone have some rope?”

“If there are ones around back that need medical attention, you should go look to them yourself Eddicus.”

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The bard pops behind the corner, looks at Castagyr
"So much for facts finding. Plase get them inside so that no new visitors can immediately see somethings wrong."
And disappears back again.

"Brlo, lets move the barrels to hide this back exit. Given the direction these two were fleeing, I'd say we know where others may come from. Not sense alerting them immediately."

After they all got together again:
"I would like to try and trick the sleeping one. He may be more open to discussion if he thinks there is a chance to escape and get things right.

Typical I want to join you trick. We put him in the shed with me, I get him awake and talk to him while Vottr makes walks outside. We hunker down, talk about the hideout and at opportune moment slip away. Except Brlo waits with his crossbow at the ready so we go nowhere.

Eddicus and Castagyr can interrogate the wounded ones so we can compare the stories."

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Brlo stows his crossbow before kneeling beside the first man he shot. "Y'be fine," he says, tearing a strip from the man's clothing and putting it between his teeth. "Bi'this," he added pushing the bolt through the man's leg despite the extra volume in yelling. Taking the strip back, he bandaged the wound to stop the bleeding. Then does the same to the second man.

His part in rounding up gangsters complete, Brlo nods in agreement with Leonan. "W'ever y'think elf. If 'e don't talk I b'happy t'beat 'im."

Remove ads