D&D 4E Miscibility Table: A 4e Hybrid Handbook(by MwaO)

MwaO

Adventurer
The Lazy/Princess build Warlord powers do work for just about anyone and there are some chaisma bennies in Rogues... and I built a couple of halflings doing it that way... but I guess the brutal Rogue leader doesnt come across mayhaps that is actually appropriate

You could also do a Str/Dex Warlord who goes the Battlefront Leader route. Something like 16 Str, 12 Con, 16 Dex, 12 Cha pre-racial.

With Leather Armor+Heavy Shield, that's an 18 AC at 1st level with an 18 Dex. Take the same powers, even. Just get rid of melee training.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
You could also do a Str/Dex Warlord who goes the Battlefront Leader route. Something like 16 Str, 12 Con, 16 Dex, 12 Cha pre-racial.

With Leather Armor+Heavy Shield, that's an 18 AC at 1st level with an 18 Dex. Take the same powers, even. Just get rid of melee training.

Isnt STR/DEX Warlord a pretty underfed combo...

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Ones that might provoke screams:
Modify Cleric's Battle Cleric's Lore(BCL) to just be the +2 to hit after doing healing. If a PC with BCL takes the Hybrid Armor and chooses Cleric, they gain the full effect of BCL.
My invoker cleric felt like leap frogging to scale was ahem pretty cheap.
Assassin(Executioner): Gains a BA called Assassin's Attack that can be used for either an MBA or RBA. 1w+Dex, uses Dex. This is an Assassin power. They can then only add bonuses to Assassin powers, not BAs and Assassin Powers. I'd give this to regular Assassin(Executioner) as well.
oooh....

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Grant anyone who has a class with Leather armor proficiency with Leather armor only for purposes of wearing it proficiently, not for prereqs. Benefit is that most classes with Leather armor have Hide Armor anyway and it helps keep some classes from being really painful to hybrid.

Hmmmmmm is that a bit like giving them "unarmored agility"

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Ground Control

This fellow is quirky and seems like his theme might be quite fun

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Major Tom, level 1
Human, Swordmage|Wizard
Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid): Aegis of Assault
Hybrid Talent: Swordmage Warding
Human Power Selection: Bonus At-Will Power
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 11, Dex 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 11, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 8.

AC: 15 Fort: 13 Reflex: 16 Will: 13
HP: 32 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +10, History +10, Athletics +7, Diplomacy +4

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Bluff -1, Dungeoneering, Endurance, Heal, Insight, Intimidate -1, Nature, Perception, Religion +5, Stealth, Streetwise -1, Thievery

FEATS
Human: Terrain Advantage
Level 1: Hybrid Talent

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Hypnotism
Hybrid at-will 1: Sword Burst
Hybrid at-will 1: Restless Dead
Hybrid encounter 1: Icy Terrain
Hybrid daily 1: Phantom Chasm.

I might sacrifice that 20 Int for a getting his Will attribute more decent not sure

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
There was this fellow a while back who claimed to want this ridiculous character, largely he was an troll who heard a series of things that he thought 4e just couldn't do and chained them all together and pretended it was actually a character concept, he wanted a guy with poor/mediocre strength and con who wore plate and sat in the back mostly firing his crossbow at the enemy but could use dirty tricks up close once in awhile. So I built him a cowardly knight... via Paladin and Ranger all the while with every bit flavor interpreted as the character having a deficiency of character, that I promptly attributed to the troll asking for it.

It was worth a smile at the time.

Oh and he wanted it right away too... level 1
Mechanically it was something like this

Theme: Disgraced Noble...

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Cowardly Knight, level 1
Human, Ranger|Paladin
Hybrid Ranger: Hybrid Ranger Fortitude
Hybrid Paladin: Hybrid Paladin Fortitude
Hybrid Talent: Paladin Armor Proficiency
Human Power Selection: Bonus At-Will Power
Background: Scorned Noble (Scorned Noble Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 10, Dex 17, Int 11, Wis 8, Cha 18.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 10, Dex 17, Int 11, Wis 8, Cha 16.

AC: 13 Fort: 13 Reflex: 14 Will: 15
HP: 23 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +4, Stealth +8, Dungeoneering +4, Athletics +5, Intimidate +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +3, Arcana, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +4, Endurance, Heal -1, History, Insight -1, Nature -1, Religion, Streetwise +4, Thievery +3

FEATS
Human: Black Arrow Style
Level 1: Hybrid Talent

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Fading Strike
Hybrid at-will 1: Twin Strike
Hybrid at-will 1: Enfeebling Strike
Hybrid encounter 1: Two-Fanged Strike
Hybrid daily 1: Scything Blow

====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

picked gobllin for his language. (might have went with something else for his background just to get thieving on his skill list so he could be a klepto who took without caring who it hurt... not thieving because of need of course but rather because he didnt want others to have nice things, the theme carries the scorn worthiness adding young cutthroat in place of scorned noble works well )

Last edited:

MwaO

Adventurer
Just realized I never modified Hybrid Invokers...they shouldn't get the Divine Covenant class feature as the rules never say they do.

Hybrid Ardent, Monk, Seeker, Shaman, Warlock all have similar options where something like this happens:
"Divine Covenant(Hybrid) - This class feature functions as the invoker class feature, except that you don’t gain the channel divinity power associated with the covenant you choose."

Invoker just says "Covenant Manifestation" instead.

Your DM may rule otherwise. Hybrid Invoker is still very good given Hand of Radiance+Thunder of Judgement+Silent Malediction+Divine Call+Demand Justice.

Remove ads