Missin' the Gaming Life So Bad ...

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
*sigh*

I'm Ashtal ... and I used to be a Gamer.

Gaming for twenty years now (ye gods), had a huge gaming collection that I've recently paired down to my personal essentials (which is still pretty big), and in the last year, my gaming has dried up.

A combination of school and work took up most of my time - no energy to start and drive a campaign, little interest in the few diversions we've tried. The gaming group needs a pump of energy or something.

And in the last three months, I moved out from my apartment with my honey to work a contract in a place three hours away. No gaming group at all, now, and I am so unbelievably horny to game again!

This last time I went home for a visit, I brought back all my 3E books. Going to start working on a campaign. I think I'm going to put an ad up in the local game store looking for players - we need fresh blood. I'm so GRRRRR about wanting to game. And reading all the GenCon threads has made me so mopey with envy, it really has.

In three months, I return home with my contract finished. I'm done with school, and will only be working, but I am going to create a new, personal gaming rennaisance. This is my mission.

I'm Ashtal ... and I will be a gamer again!

Sorry ... just needed to get that off my chest.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Yes. You will be a gamer again. For, in fact, you have always been a gamer and a gamer you will remain. So it is written, so it shall be...

(Good to see you around, Ashtal. :) )

;)

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Hey Mark! Good to see you, too. :D

I was sorta burnt out on D&D, too for a bit, which is why my attendence here dropped a bit. I was running this homebrew that started out really well, and then I kiboshed it badly. Left my confidence shaken.

But I'm over it now. :)

Stormfalcon

First Post
I know exactly how it is. I've taken a break from gaming for several years thanks to several things crowding up my personal schedule. It wasn't a complete break because I still collected some books, but I never had the time to play. Now I'm getting back into gaming thanks to a little more time available to me and having my passions for gaming reignited.

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
OMG!!!!!!! How are you doing?!?!? How's Marcia and the Baby!

What are you doing on a 3E Board, you 1st Editioner. ;)

COOL!

Bregh

Explorer
heh. The internet is such a small place....

Marcie is good. Maggie is good. We bought a house up in New Sudbury and take pos. Sept 2nd.

(Can't rem. if you and your fella ever saw the old "new" place or not. If not, that's terrible. We'll have to fix that with the new home.)

I lurk here from time to time cos there's always lots to read--good, bad, or otherwise--and it keeps me up to speed on the rest of the hobby. I confess to even having played a few sessions of the new game, but don't tell anyone, it'll ruin my rep ;)

Anyway, cool to "hear" from you! Glad it seems you really like your new line of work, too! (Never had a doubt, tho, you were a natural!)

Say "hey" to Todd and give us all a shout sometime!

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Awesome news. :) I saw the place, but only after we all tore through it when you folks moved in. ;)

And I knew 3E would lure you ... but I won't dare ask what you think about this 3.5 business. ;)

Remove ads