• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Missing in action

TrickyUK

Explorer
Don't post often but had this thought rattling around my head the last couple of days: it feels like Dungeons and Dragons has gone MIA.

To clarify, I don't recall a time since being introduced to D&D that I wasn't involved in a game of it. Right now, I'm not interested in Next simply because it isn't a full game and 4e feels like it's dead in the water. I am playing PF which is arguably just D&D 3.75 but it isn't a genuine D&D branded game.

So, for the first time in 25 years I am not playing D&D. The worry is that I am not entirely missing it, maybe because of PF, but I often look at my D&D book collection and wonder if the game I've enjoyed for so long will ever return.

Dwimmerlied

First Post
Well if you aren't missing it, don't worry!

I'm personally more or less happy with what I play; it's certainly not perfect, and so I keep a lazy eye on the message boards and such to see what 5th might bring, but I'm not holding my breath that it will address the issues I have. And that's fine too!

TrickyUK

Explorer
I guess my point is that it just feels strange to not have a 'truly' active version of D&D around. Looking forward to seeing what Next actually brings back to the table when it's finished.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads