MM and Elements of Magic, all done! And now some spells, too!

Dalamar

Adventurer
Yeah, I've got it as a .txt file, but that looks exactly like just copy-pasting from here (I considered using Word to get some boldings etc., but I thought I'd add those in later when it was all finished. Not to mention .txt was more sure to work at the school computers during the first month when I didn't have a connection at my flat).

Give me an address, and I'll fire it off. Though it might take untill next week since I'm leaving for my folks's for the weekend.

Knight Otu

First Post
Dalamar said:
Somebody'd need to go through the SRD with the MM and see what things are and aren't the same, really. But I confess that I'm too lazy for that :D
Add to the list kuo-toa and slaad.

Eladrin and Guardinals are in an odd spot - Their monster entries do not list them as being of that subtype, and their entries are seperated; but the summon monster spells do give them (apart from the Ghaele) their appropriate subtype.

RangerWickett said:
Malachias, having lightning and fire affect each other isn't as big a deal in EOM as it would be in the core rules, because there are many more options for damaging attack magic.

I thought on that, but then I looked at how many creatures use lightning and fire in their attack forms. Without making a substantial amount of changes, pairing those two up is extremely powerful. In play so far, removing them from each other's lists does not seem to have had a deleterious effect on the game.

RangerWickett said:
I will admit that perhaps it's a bit bad for flavor when red dragons and blue dragons can't hurt each other, though, so perhaps such creatures should just be [Life] creatures who happen to have resistance only to particular elements and not their friends.

Hm. I'll think on it.

Good point. Let me know what you come up with.

MI

Another Monster Manual realted thing:

I was thinking that dragon breath weapons are ideal candidates for Elemental Side Effects. I was thinking of taking the dragon's age category, subtracting one, and using that as the "MP" for the Side Effect.

Also, it seems like Acid is particularly weak when compared to Enduring Damage - is there something I am missing?

MI

Dalamar

Adventurer
For some wierd reason I seem to be unable to start a new thread, so I guess I'll just put it up in here.

For the fourth time: I felt inspired and decided to convert some SRD spells to Elements of Magic equivalencies. And since most people prolly will start at A, I decided to start at T. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• EoM spells.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 109

Remove ads