MM and Elements of Magic, all done! And now some spells, too!

Dalamar

Adventurer
Okay, so couple of weeks turned into couple of months :eek:

But still, that's all of the Monster Manual done to the best of my ability.

Lessee... Changes that pop to mind...
Shadows gained the Shadow subtype and the immunities and vulnerabilities to go along with it.
Trolls had Lava and Ooze added to their 'vulnerabilities'.
I should prolly go over unicors with a finer comp to see if they should indeed have full immunity to Charm and Compel, or if it should be reduced to a subset.
Thoqqua changed from having the Earth and Fire subtypes to just Lava.
Will-o'-wisp changed from Air to Light.
Spectre and Wraith deal Death damage with their touches

I think that's all of the cases where I didn't just do a straight port for the last monsters.

And a note to those who like it: it currently includes stuff that isn't Open Content (Mind Flayers et al.), so don't go spreading it around too much, just in case.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Off the top of my head.... Tanar'ri and Baatezu subtypes should be changed to Demon and Devil subtypes, respectively. Beholders and Yuan-ti are Product Identity too, I believe.

Somebody'd need to go through the SRD with the MM and see what things are and aren't the same, really. But I confess that I'm too lazy for that :D

Last edited:

Verequus

First Post
From the d20SRD-Boards:

The following monsters are considered "Product Itentity" by Wizards of the Coast and are therefore not part of the SRD:
  • beholder
    gauth
    carrion crawler
    displacer beast
    githyanki
    githzerai
    mind flayer
    umber hulk
    yuan-ti

One issue I have had with elemental resistances/immunities is the fact that Lightning and Fire are both Affected Elements of each other for Abjure effects. Since both are very common attack forms, I have houseruled their removal from each other's lists.

MI

Dalamar, do you have this in a document file you could email me?

Malachias, having lightning and fire affect each other isn't as big a deal in EOM as it would be in the core rules, because there are many more options for damaging attack magic. I will admit that perhaps it's a bit bad for flavor when red dragons and blue dragons can't hurt each other, though, so perhaps such creatures should just be [Life] creatures who happen to have resistance only to particular elements and not their friends.

Hm. I'll think on it.

Remove ads