• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mod and Admin behavior?

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Is a mod's offsite behavior a concern for the EN World community?

A certain mod, let's call him "BuccaneerFeline" posted some hateful, terrible blasphemous things on twitter.

Is this something our community can tolerate?

I mean, HOW can ANYONE hate "The Goonies"?

I bet not caring for it, I guess, but HATE?

This is a moral injustice!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm just the bearer of bad news.

That would be a cool monster...the Bear of Bad News. A white ball falls out of the sky, and while you're distracted, it wanders up to you, walking upright, bearing a large club and speaking (softly) about something that has gone awry. Then, using the club, it swats a hard white ball in your direction...and disappears.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
By "classic," Crothian means "mediocre but covered by a mucous-like gloss of nostalgia"!

Even when I saw it the adventure in the goonies was really sub-par compared to the adventure I could have pictured in my head. Scads of lost potential and plot holes and just dumb choices. Re-seeing it as an adult, it was even worse than I imagined.

Plus, it featured Short Round, and he still has a lot to answer for from Temple of Doom.

fba827

Adventurer
See, he's just gotten his nose out of joint because The Goonies is a horrible movie. Awful. I'm just the bearer of bad news.

If you watch it for the first time as an adult - yes, it is not a good movie. Though it might still be 'cute' or 'silly' or 'meh' (no need to go tossing around the hate word...)

If you watched it for the first time when it was released and you were around "that age" it is a movie that brings nostalgia, adventure, and comfort all in one awesome package every time you watch it.

Heck, in the last campaign I ran, I had a rumor mentioned about an NPC named Chester Copperpot. Had the PCs followed up on it, they would have discovered his dead corpse in some caverns beneath the city with one possible key to some adventures they were having... alas, they never followed up on it, so it just ended up being a throw-away reference. But it was relevant enough that some people at the table recognized it without much effort.

(of course, that same campaign had Kind Randor and Queen Marlena among other notable 80s references peppered in as NPC names to make it easier for me to track who was who without looking it up)

Edit: it should be noted that the tone of my post is meant to be less serious than it sounds. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads