• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MoF: Kiss of the Vampire

Kae'Yoss

First Post
The spell says that you become gaunt and pale with feral red eyes.
It also says that you are treated as if you were undead for the purpose of all spells and effects. Probably normal sunlight won't be in, but spells like daylight are. Heal spells harm you now and you can be turned by a cleric.

This can get pretty nasty!

rhammer2

First Post
Alignment types on spells only affect divine or multiclass arcane/divine casters. A pure arcane caster can totally ignore alignment types.

Dark Dragon said:

After all, Kiss of the Vampire is an evil spell (errata). So, be careful about your DM (and his thoughts regarding an alignment change ;)).

Thanee

First Post
That doesn't make the spell less evil, tho. ;)

As an 8th level spell maximized Kiss of the Vampire is pretty insane, btw!

4 negative levels per touch attack? Come you fighter, come and die, because I have 4 attacks per round with two-weapon fighting and haste, which will easily hit and deal 16 negative levels to you! Have fun! :D

The spell is really nasty!

It's short duration and the necessity to come close, still are major drawbacks, tho.

Bye
Thanee

Junkheap

First Post
Thanee said:
That doesn't make the spell less evil, tho. ;)

As an 8th level spell maximized Kiss of the Vampire is pretty insane, btw!

4 negative levels per touch attack? Come you fighter, come and die, because I have 4 attacks per round with two-weapon fighting and haste, which will easily hit and deal 16 negative levels to you! Have fun! :D

The spell is really nasty!

It's short duration and the necessity to come close, still are major drawbacks, tho.

Bye
Thanee

Sorry Thanee, you can only drain once a round, so that would only be 4 levels. I don't remember where it says it, but i know it is a fact.

keb

First Post
Well, twice per round if you have haste, so 8 levels per round in Thanee's example. It was in Sage Advice (and the D&D FAQ).

Edit: Just remembered that the caster could drain 16 levels in one round if he manages to score a couple of critical hits.

Last edited:

Kae'Yoss

First Post
rhammer2 said:
Alignment types on spells only affect divine or multiclass arcane/divine casters. A pure arcane caster can totally ignore alignment types.

The caster can, but the DM won't. Chances are "good" that the DM considers using [Evil] spells as an evil act, and your alignment may change with enough evil acts!

Thanee

First Post
Junkheap said:
Sorry Thanee, you can only drain once a round, so that would only be 4 levels. I don't remember where it says it, but i know it is a fact.

Aha, I was not aware, that they overruled that, but it makes sense.

Bye
Thanee

Xarlen

First Post
You can only drain once a round, haste or no. Haste just gives you an extra partial action; it still is given that same round.

Note, Daylight does not produce daylight for destruction of vampires.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads