Mongoose 3.0/3.5 Grand Archive - Any Interest?

BPIJonathan

Explorer
MongooseMatt said:
This would include all the Quintessentials, Slayer's Guides, Encyclopaedias, Ultimates - potentially, even some Babylon 5 material, if someone is prepared to remove all the licensed text (no Conan though, as that is still current!)

This is a great idea, one that I will support where I can, but one question -- Does this mean that Babylon 5 is no longer a current product?

Man-thing

First Post
kensanata said:
Will the wiki remain read-only for casual users? I noticed that I couldn't edit any pages even though I created a wikidot account.

I think that is probably best to avoid potential vandalism. This is something that we can discuss on the yahoogroup.

Man-thing

First Post
kensanata said:
Ah, thanks. Are we doing a Mongoose-only OGC wiki?
I believe Matthew suggested that others would be welcome. I will be talking with Matthew soon on this. I have had some interest from at least one other publisher.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Yair said:
That would entail a single interconnected work, and hence a single enormously long Section 15.

I'd like to see the individual entries of each Section 15 hyperlinked to the original source, as the original source is added to the wiki. (The last entry of any given work should be its own copyright notice, and so it would "link" to its own page.)

Also, although I'm not willing to join yet another Yahoo group to discuss (nor really particularly interested in influencing the direction), if I have author permissions for the wiki when it goes live, I will add my own OGC.

Man-thing

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
I'd like to see the individual entries of each Section 15 hyperlinked to the original source, as the original source is added to the wiki. (The last entry of any given work should be its own copyright notice, and so it would "link" to its own page.)

Wulf, does the template that I have posted at: http://grandwiki.wikidot.com/contenttemplate

Or what would you suggest as a change. I like having individual entries for each item because then if other people donate material it is easy for a consumer to see who was being generous.

Lizard

Explorer
I'd thought of something like this a long time ago. My thought was, for the 'S15' problem, you could have a script where you could click on content to 'mark' it. (Giving it -2 to attack anyone else) Then you could click a 'download marked content' button, which would:

a)Compile all your marked content.
b)Produce your S15.

Basically, each book's S15 would be entered into a DB, then each feat, skill, power, PrC, whatever would have a 'Source' tag. The S15 from all sources in the 'shopping cart' would be examined, merged, and a 'new' S15 would be produced.

Ideally, the best thing would be to break each S15 into sources.

Table a: A source and an identifier. Each entry would be unique.
Table b: A book name and an identifier. Each entry would be unique.
Table c: The joining table, with column 'a' being a Book ID and column 'b' being a Source ID.

"Select a.book_name, b.source_text from Books a, Sources b, S15 c where c.book_id=a.book_id and c.source_id=b.source_id".

Remove ads