• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Monk Buffs

Horwath

Legend
But since the topic of monk buffs is raised by the title of this thread, I want to add some suggestions:

1. Give them D10 hit dice. They're frontline fighters, and need better staying power, especially given the lack of armour at low levels in particular.
2. Increase their unarmed strike damage by one dice category (i.e. start on a d6 and finish on a d12 rather than the current d4-d10 range).
3. Make step of the wind also ignore movement penalties such as difficult terrain to make it more noticeably better than the dash action that rogues get as a bonus.
4. Limit stunning strike to one attempt/turn. Being able to spam it makes monks a one trick pony.
5. Add more monk-themed magic items!
we did this plus:

1. One extra skill proficiency
2. Light armor proficiency, AC can be dex+armor, dex+wis or wis+armor.
3. Wis mod to ki points
4. when you crit or get critted, you regain one ki point

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
4. when you crit or get critted, you regain one ki point

Now that’s interesting. I’m kind of hoping that each class gets a signature use for inspiration that’s in addition to spending it on advantage. Monks could use it to restore Ki.

Remove ads