D&D General Monster and NPC DataCard Template

pdzoch

Explorer
I have just uploaded Monster and NPC DataCard Template to the downloads area.

This is a LARGE format monster and NPC Data Card template for the Magic Set Editor. Each card will print out to approximately 8x5 card and two will print to a letter sized page.

This template is compatible with the Initiative Tents in this downloads section, which will allow you to create an initiative card to go with these data cards. If you have already started a set with the Initiative Tents, then half of these templates will already be filled out for you.

Because of the large format of this card, you will have MUCH more room to place monster or character details. The text is scaleable, which will aid in readability while permitting the font to automatically shrink as more information is added.

A large washout background allows you to place an image of the character or creature on the card without interfering with it readability.

The heading box is can be customized color coded for easy reference.

You can find the file here in the resource section. Please use this thread for comments.

Below are three samples of the cards from my set using this template.

* Updated*

Latest Version is 2016-11-20

Updated game file now include supported data for creatures from the Monster Manual, WOTC published APs, Volo's Guide to Monsters,
and Kobold Press's Tomb of Beasts.

* Updated*

Latest Version is 2016-11-21

Updated style file now option to add environments to the data card. Environments for all monsters can be recorded to the database, and you can choose to include the environment icons to show on the cards or not. Each environment has its own icon. The Hobgoblin card is an example of the card showing the monster environments.

Aarakocra2.jpgGruffudd Gittens2.jpgNif Arnor2.jpgHobgoblin2.jpg

Last edited:

pdzoch

Explorer
*** Updated***

Latest Version is 2016-11-20

Updated game file now include supported data for creatures from the Monster Manual, WOTC published APs, Volo's Guide to Monsters,
and Kobold Press's Tomb of Beasts.

pdzoch

Explorer
*** Updated***

Latest Version is 2016-11-21

Updated style file now option to add environments to the data card. Environments for all monsters can be recorded to the database, and you can choose to include the environment icons to show on the cards or not. Each environment has its own icon.

Oiche1210

First Post
Hi! Im Starting with D&D and I really like your cards. I love having vcards for everithing but... im a little lost. For what is the circle at the right top intended for? And the Saves column? Remember im reading the rules and maybe this is a "silly" question when i finish the book. Thamks!

pdzoch

Explorer
Hi! Im Starting with D&D and I really like your cards. I love having vcards for everithing but... im a little lost. For what is the circle at the right top intended for? And the Saves column? Remember im reading the rules and maybe this is a "silly" question when i finish the book. Thamks!

I'm glad you like the cards. The circle is the location for the Challenge Rating of the monster or NPC. I probably should have added a label. I also use it as the level of the player characters.

The saves column is the bonus to saving throws. While most saving throws bonuses are the same as the ability score bonuses, the saves column provides a place to specifically list the saving throw bonus should it be different. Lower level monsters generally do not have a save bonus, but higher level monsters do.

Satyrn

First Post
I like the layout. I'm making (gery slowly) a character sheet app for myself, and after that I'll be doing a DM app.

Right now I've just laid out my character's animals in a layout that mimics the standard MM statblock format. It's awfully boring and doesn't highlight the important bits - HP, AC and special qualities - while your layout is nearly perfect for that, and a nearly perfect fit for how I've laid out my character sheet. You've saved me a lot of brain power by giving me a good starting point.

Thank you.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases