• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Cards

Broven

First Post
Hi,
I originally posted about this on a thread on Paizo's forum. I'm posting here as well looking for some feedback.

I started making my own monster cards to help out during combat. I'm pretty much a newb at GM'ing and I was wasting too much time looking things up, so I thought these might be helpful.

I'm looking for some feedback before I get too far into this. I'm beginning to think that I may have included too much info for general combat needs. Like I said, I'm kind of a newb.

They are pretty plain, black and white, without images. Adding images from the Bestiary would be cool, but currently there isn't room for images. And I think that if I used images, I wouldn't be able to legally share them.
Anyway, all thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

I've put these over on d20pfsrd.com in the downloads section. Link Look for "Monster Cards - WIP.zip"
http://www.mediafire.com/?baraewfupdcuonp

Last edited:

ancientvaults

Explorer
This are awesome! I have been wanting something like this for months and ended up going to d20pfsrd and using the monster generator there. Thank you! I will be using these!

Cor_Malek

First Post
Those look very nice! If you really want to add the pictures - consider printing it on reverse of the card's. That way you'll be able to show the players how their opponent looks like - without risk of spoiling any information.

Or just use tokens/minis (the former can be easily made and printed with use of free TokenTool from RPTools.com).

Broven

First Post
Thanks. I'm glad you like them. I still feel like I need to refine them just a bit, but I'll be working on that over the next day or two. Then I'll start creating the rest of them. I'll let you know as I get more done. I only have a little time here and there to work on them, so it may be a while before I finish the whole Bestiary.

If you think of any info that should be on there or (more likely) anything that is on there that doesn't need to be, please let me know.

Thanks again.

arbados

Explorer
Those really are amazing. I do much similar to this with all sorts of things, but these even blow me away. Great work!

John

Broven

First Post
Thanks for the encouragement. It's nice to hear. :)

The work continues on these, slowly but surely. I've uploaded a few more which can be found HERE

I made some minor tweaks to the first batch also, and re-uploaded them, so if you think you might be using these, you may want to re-get those.

Also, I changed the way I was entering CMB to save space. Now, if it lists two numbers there, the second one is always the Grapple CMB.

And the "D" group doesn't currently contain any dragons. They require some calculations for the stat blocks, so I thought I'd just keep rolling ahead and come back to these later.

Thanks, and I hope you find these useful.

jreyst

First Post
By the way, I'd love to host these on d20pfsrd.com. If you are interested just send me an email (jreyst@gmail.com). Ideally I would just give you access to the site then you could upload the files as you make changes yourself, but I'd be more than happy to just upload them myself too.

Broven

First Post
By the way, I'd love to host these on d20pfsrd.com. If you are interested just send me an email (jreyst@gmail.com). Ideally I would just give you access to the site then you could upload the files as you make changes yourself, but I'd be more than happy to just upload them myself too.

I've uploaded them there, in the downloads section. Here's a link to that: LINK
Just look for Monster Cards in the list.

For simplicity's sake, I will probably just keep them updated there as I go along. It should be easier for people to find there. Thanks jreyst.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads