5E Monster Manual Expanded III Coming 2021

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Cover Promo 2.png

Just wanted to share the cover for the next Monster Manual Expanded III, which will arrive sometime mid 2021. Kudos to
@rubendevela for the incredible art piece. The project is still in the pre-development phase so it's still a long ways to go but I will be sharing artwork previews in the coming weeks in this thread. For now, I hope you like the cover!

Last edited:

Can't wait to see it!

Might I suggest that since WotC is taking their time with updating the traditional celestials - archons, guardinals, and the original eladrin (perhaps they can be called "celestial" or "greater" eladrin to separate them from the PC race) - and the hierarch modrons, that you take a crack at them?

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Can't wait to see it!

Might I suggest that since WotC is taking their time with updating the traditional celestials - archons, guardinals, and the original eladrin (perhaps they can be called "celestial" or "greater" eladrin to separate them from the PC race) - and the hierarch modrons, that you take a crack at them?

I think you'll be happy then. Stay tuned for the artwork previews I'll be sharing in the coming months. ;)

TheDelphian

Explorer
Not running a 5th ed campaign right now but have Exp MM I & II in my pocket to use next one I run. Already taking some of the monster in them and building potential encounters with them in my head. I am pretty sure I will use it a good deal saving me from doing similiar work that I use to always have to do.

Thanks

Sabathius42

Bree-Yark
Will it be available for on-demand printing the same day it drops as a PDF or is there an additional wait for that to go live (or be approved)?

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Will it be available for on-demand printing the same day it drops as a PDF or is there an additional wait for that to go live (or be approved)?
Unfortunately, I am unable to answer this yet. I should have an answer sometime next year when I'm nearly finished with the project.

Last edited:

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Talents II is just around the corner so I'd like to share a preview of its interior art work. This is just Part 1 though. I'll share Part 2 tomorrow and Part 3 soon after. The reason I'm showing them here is because it also serves as a preview for Monster Manual Expanded III as they'll definitely be used again there (each will have their own stat block). Interestingly enough, what you see here and the ones in Part 2 and 3 are ones that missed the cut for MME 2. Credits to Bad Moon Art Studio for the artwork.

Elder Corpse Flower.png
Young Ki-rin.png

Iron Shadow Assassin.png
Korred Elder.png

Dragonsbane777

Explorer
PLEASE make these available in Roll20, I will buy them that day. I have a new game with kobolds and lizardmen, and inputting the stats is tedious, please please release there!!

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
PLEASE make these available in Roll20, I will buy them that day. I have a new game with kobolds and lizardmen, and inputting the stats is tedious, please please release there!!

I can't, even if I wanted to. DM's Guild products can only be purchased via the DM's Guild site. Roll20 products can only be purchased through their app. Until one of them gives, my hands are tied.

Last edited:

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Here's Part 2 of the Monster Talents II/Monster Manual Expanded Art Preview: They didn't make it in MME 2, but the Elder Eladrins are fey-stepping their way into MME 3! Again, artwork by @BadMoonArt.

Elder Autumn Eladrin_Final.png
Elder Spring Eladrin_Final.png
Elder Summer Eladrin_Final.png
Elder Winter Eladrin_Final.png

Last edited:

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Here's Part 3 of 3 of the Monster Talents II/Monster Manual Expanded Art Preview: The last batch before Monster Talents 2's release.
Storm Giant King_FINAL.png
Cloud Giant Trickster_final.png
OHag_Luthic_Final.png
Red_Guard_Drake_Final.png
Maurezhi.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Starting this Friday, October 16, and every week thereafter until the book's release sometime 2nd quarter 2021, I'll start previewing 1-4 exclusive pieces of artwork for Monster Manual Expanded III. For the month of October, the theme will be ''the Returned." For this coming Friday, I'll be sharing some 'strange things.' ;)

1602678144171.png

dave2008

Legend
I can't, even if I wanted to. DM's Guild products can only be purchased via the DM's Guild site. Roll20 products can only be purchased through their app. Until one of them gives, my hands are tied.
You can provide them for Fantasy Grounds though - correct?

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Manual Expanded III Art Previews #1: The Returned Part 1. Let's start with some real monstrosities. Alluded to but didn't really come out in Stranger Things, the thessalhydra (first appeared MM2 1983), and the 3 other types of thessalmonsters (thessalmera, thessalgorgon, and thessaltrice, MCFR2 1989), will be part of MME3!

Thessalhydra.png
Thessalmera.png
Thessalgorgon.png
Thessaltrice.png

Next week, we'll look at a wise desert wanderer, a very sad flyer, and a small but terrible cutie.

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4