D&D 5E Monster Manual Expanded III HARDCOVER/PoD is FINALLY OUT! Get it now from the DM's Guild!

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Just wanted to share this little tidbit. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of format changes. Here's a sample new statblock from Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft:

1621381358985.png

Just like in D&D Beyond, proficiency bonuses are now included in the line along Challenge (rating).
Spellcasting and innate spellcasting are now being placed in Actions.

I'm removing the Death's Head Tree from MME3 since the new Death's Head simplified things lol.

Finally, I like the Nosferatu. If my artists still have time, I might... just might... sneak a Nosferatu Alpha before release. ;)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm removing the Death's Head Tree from MME3 since the new Death's Head simplified things lol.

Finally, I like the Nosferatu. If my artists still have time, I might... just might... sneak a Nosferatu Alpha before release. ;)
I was wondering what you would do when I saw that tree in the new book.

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
I was wondering what you would do when I saw that tree in the new book.
Haha yeah when I saw the toc preview I was wondering why it was just a death’s head and no tree. Had to wait for the stat block before I decide what to do. When I saw what they did, I didn’t bother anymore and just removed it.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Just wanted to share this little tidbit. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of format changes. Here's a sample new statblock from Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft:

View attachment 137112

Just like in D&D Beyond, proficiency bonuses are now included in the line along Challenge (rating).
Spellcasting and innate spellcasting are now being placed in Actions.

I also noticed that they include a Bonus Action section. Previously they listed them in the traits section:
wolf.JPG

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Manual Expanded III Art Previews #34: Surprise! Yeah, not Friday yet, but I've decided to ramp up the previews a bit as the full book might be previewed sometime mid-July. So I'll try to share two previews a week now. The next ones will be on Sunday and again on Wednesday. This week, the next two nagas. The classic 3E Iridescent Naga and the new Eldritch Naga!
Naga Iridescent.png
Naga Eldritch.png

Remove ads