D&D 5E Monster Manual Expanded III HARDCOVER/PoD is FINALLY OUT! Get it now from the DM's Guild!

Primarily the graphics/layout. Book is solid, I have no fear the book will not hold up or anything. Pages are thick, non-glossy, making the book thicker than a WotC book.
So, it's not bad by any stretch, except for the picture quality some places - it's just not as good as a WotC book. Which is hardly a criticism.

dave2008

Legend
Primarily the graphics/layout. Book is solid, I have no fear the book will not hold up or anything. Pages are thick, non-glossy, making the book thicker than a WotC book.
So, it's not bad by any stretch, except for the picture quality some places - it's just not as good as a WotC book. Which is hardly a criticism.
That is what I thought and that should help @jerryrice4949 understand the print quality from DMsGuild who was concerned about POD quality.

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Manual Expanded III Art Previews #32: The last of the plants: a pair of new ones: The Doom Blossom (CR 4), a carnivorous plant that releases spores that mind controls its victims to approach it, and the Dragonroot Tree (CR 13), a massive tree that has roots that bite and lobs deadly poisonous seed pods that incapacitates prey! Next 3 weeks: Nagas!
Plant Doom Blossom.png
Plant Dragonroot Tree.png

Rhuarc

Explorer
Great previews and some more awesome art, really looking forward to the 30th of July!

In hindsight, after seeing all of this, it's really a shame that the first two books could not benefit from the same treatment (90% original art) that you are doing for this one (and hopefully for #4 as well). I'm pretty sure you didn't have the necessary funds back then to accomplish this, so not a surprise of course. Still, rather unfortunate as there are so many cool monsters in there that could really use an art upgrade/update as well...

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Great previews and some more awesome art, really looking forward to the 30th of July!

In hindsight, after seeing all of this, it's really a shame that the first two books could not benefit from the same treatment (90% original art) that you are doing for this one (and hopefully for #4 as well). I'm pretty sure you didn't have the necessary funds back then to accomplish this, so not a surprise of course. Still, rather unfortunate as there are so many cool monsters in there that could really use an art upgrade/update as well...

Yes, at the time, I could only afford to have the cover art and a few interior art pieces commissioned.

Thankfully, because of the success of the first two books, having 90% original art became possible.

It doesn't mean I can't improve some of the first two books' artwork in the future though. ;)

Remove ads