D&D 5E Monster Manual Expanded III HARDCOVER/PoD is FINALLY OUT! Get it now from the DM's Guild!

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Manual Expanded III Art Previews #51: Only fitting that the final art preview is a dragon. I'll share a couple more announcements later in the week. 5 days left to go!

Brown Dragon party.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
I just wanted to share some numbers. Monster Manual Expanded III will have a total of 286 pages, 320 creature statblocks, and over 140 pieces of exclusive and nonstock artwork (with nearly all statblocks represented by art)! The PDF will retail for $34.99, coming only at 12.2 cents a page (the total average of the top 10 best-sellers ranges from 16-19 cents a page). Below is the breakdown of the types of creatures appearing in Monster Manual Expanded III. I separated the NPCs (customizable humanoid archetypes) from the Humanoids (goblinoids, orcs, etc.).
3 days to go before release!

Creature Type Breakdown.png

dave2008

Legend
I just wanted to share some numbers. Monster Manual Expanded III will have a total of 286 pages, 320 creature statblocks, and over 140 pieces of exclusive and nonstock artwork (with nearly all statblocks represented by art)! The PDF will retail for $34.99, coming only at 12.2 cents a page (the total average of the top 10 best-sellers ranges from 16-19 cents a page). Below is the breakdown of the types of creatures appearing in Monster Manual Expanded III. I separated the NPCs (customizable humanoid archetypes) from the Humanoids (goblinoids, orcs, etc.).
3 days to go before release!

Just curious, any particular reason for so few Elementals? Do you pretty much cover them in your previous books?

PS Just to be clear I am getting this book when it comes out, so it is not a criticism. I am just curious.

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Just curious, any particular reason for so few Elementals? Do you pretty much cover them in your previous books?

PS Just to be clear I am getting this book when it comes out, so it is not a criticism. I am just curious.
Good question. No particular reason except that there just wasn't enough to work on/build on (from previous versions), so I just focused on the 4 standard paraelemental types (ice, ooze, magma, smoke). I thought about giving different sizes/ages but I opted to just go for other creatures instead. I could still add them in later but I'm also trying to limit the pages to minimize PoD costs.

Oh and for your other question, yes. In the previous books, I added variants of the genies and standard elementals.

Last edited:

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher

I also made azers, salamanders, xorns, gargoyle, and galeb duhr variants in the previous 2 books.

The additional salamander variants almost made it in MME3 but I ran out of time for the artwork so they will have to wait until MME4.

g-unit0301

Villager
I also made azers, salamanders, xorns, gargoyle, and galeb duhr variants in the previous 2 books.

The additional salamander variants almost made it in MME3 but I ran out of time for the artwork so they will have to wait until MME4.
Did you just low key confirm that there will be a MME4?! My guy 3 isn’t even out yet and now I’m already anticipating 4 😭

Remove ads