• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Manual: Legendary Evils Complete Set!!

Nebulous

Legend
Goddang it. There are two sweet looking duergar in there i'd love to use for Thunderspire, but i don't think this set will be out in time. Otherwise, yeah, there are a lot of must-haves in there. I wish i didn't love minis so much :.-(

Beckett

Explorer
*open mouthed gape*

Visible balor? Oh, yes. The rest look good too. Time to budget in a case.

It's too bad the module minis keep showing up too late.

And I'd be willing to bet good money on Dragonlance for the 2010 setting.

Logan_Bonner

First Post
No use: Air Archon Zephyrhaunt, priestess of bane, chillfire destroyer (any ideas how to use this, 3.5 fans?), chull (already have that), djinn (already have a djinn), doom dreamer (boring), earth archon, foulspawns, frost titan, githzerai (plenty from earlier sets), goblin (plenty from earlier sets), hezrou (the hezrou from a previous set is my all-time favorite mini, so no use for this one), swarm, human, irontooth, minotaur, griffon, slaad spawn (no use for 3.x), war troll (have enough trolls).

FYI, the foulspawn are in 3.5. They're called ushemoi and appear in MM5.

Beckett

Explorer
Looking at the Hero pages, it confirms my suspicions from seeing the boxes on Amazon- we're still getting a repaint per pack. As much as I'd like to see all new models, it does seem to be an inexpensive way of getting some of the older minis (the dragonborn warlord goes for a fair amount as its original, the dragonborn fighter). It does give me a little regret for buying the frenzied berserker recently (the repaint is the last one in Primal 2). Same order, I bought the Cleric of Sune, also receiving a repaint in this set (although the Cleric was a lot cheaper than the berserker).

Agamon

Adventurer
Another beholder? Is that really necessary? I already have 2, which is one more than I need. I guess this is a huge tyrant, so I guess...same with the balor, looks nice, got one already. Maybe someday the party will face one, but two? Where's the hydra?

Whining aside, there, I like the dragons, the remorhaz, and the titans. Awesome. I told myself that the least set was the last set for me, but I'll have to rethink that. Maybe I'll just grab the huges, I dunno.

coyote6

Adventurer
Me, I'm happy to see a balor. I have one, but the PCs in my group might find themselves meeting a couple soon, so a second would be fine with me. When does this set hit the streets, again? :)

Herschel

Adventurer
Wow, for all the complaining and whining about the old distribution system and anything that was even slightly good for skirmishers and now we get a great looking set with the ditribution more what RPG-only people wanted and it has trouble getting three pages of discussion?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads