Monster Mash: Evilhalfling vs. renau1g

covaithe

Explorer
Round 8, continued

The angel flies down toward its dagger, strangely unimpeded by the enemy forces. (renau1g, opportunity actions are one per combatant's turn, not one per round, so you could have hit both the angel and Bessie. In the interests of pace, though, I'm going to move ahead.)

Bessie, highly confused, blasts the angel in the back. (hit, 17 damage)

The paralyth makes good use of Bessie's distraction, slapping her with a stinging tentacle. The ettin swings for the fences, and hits the air. (17 damage from paralyth's OA)

The ettin takes another swing. This time, his eyes are on the prize, and he connects squarely. (crit for 17)

Round 9

The succubus steps away from the angel and tries to dominate him, but gets distracted by a particularly shiny rock. (succubus starts her turn adjacent to the angel, so I've had her shift to avoid OAs rather than move back 5 squares. We can change that if you prefer a larger move.)

The paralyth has Bessie zeroed in, and it chokes the life out of her with two tentacles wrapped tightly around her neck. It then floats gently down next to the angel. (28 more damage, Bessie dies. K9 is occupied; I've put you in K8 at water level, but that can be changed too if needed.)

The ettin goes to the bridge and jumps down. It takes a few bruises from the fall, and swings at the angel from its back. From any other hand, the blow would have been futile, but the ettin's mighty shoulders still bruise the angel. (2d10=16 falling damage from there; the ettin is higher up than the angel was. Falling leaves you prone, so the attack is at -2. However, the way I've currently got it set up, he's flanking. Though I think it still hits without flanking.)

The abishai is still not visible.

Initiatives

Succubus 70/90, shape changed to Angel, in the river 4 squares below bridge.
Paralyth 20/96, bloodied, at ground level
Will dead
Ettin, head 1 143/222, prone
Abishai 42/51, invisible
Angel 108/168, unarmed, melee attacks with longsword do +1d6 radiant, slowed, at water level <== you're up
"Bessie" dead
Ettin, head 2 hp shared with head 1

Resources used:
  • Bessie: reverbate, bellowing blast, 1/2 surges
  • Angel: AP, healing word x1, Cure Serious wounds,
  • Ettin: AP

[sblock=map]
EvilhRenau1g016.png
[/sblock]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The angel begins to hear the trumpets calling her home.
With her two mortal companions dead, her holy sword taken, and the beans seized, there is little left to fight for here.

(I'm ready to concede.)

covaithe

Explorer
The angel turns his face skyward. With a distant crescendo of heavenly music, his body flares to brilliant whiteness for a moment, then is gone.

Victory to renau1g's team. Well fought, both of you!

Remove ads