Monster Mash: Evilhalfling vs. renau1g

covaithe

Explorer
Round 7, continued

After healing himself, the angel flies down toward the river. (Provokes an OA from the paralyth. I'm not completely sure I've got the angel's position right. I have it in J7, two squares below the paralyth and one square above the river surface; is that right?)

Bessie hollers at the pesky brain thing, clipping its tendrils with thunder. (hit. Provokes an OA from the ettin.)

Initiatives

Succubus 70/90, shape changed to Angel, in the river 4 squares below bridge.
Paralyth 23/96, bloodied, under the bridge in J8
Will dead
Ettin, head 1 159/222
Abishai 32/51, carrying angel's longsword, at water level.
Angel 136/168, unarmed, melee attacks with longsword do +1d6 radiant, slowed, 1 square above river surface
"Bessie" 83/122
Ettin, head 2 hp shared with head 1 <== you're up

Resources used:
  • Bessie: reverbate, bellowing blast, 1/2 surges
  • Angel: AP, healing word x1, Cure Serious wounds,

[sblock=map]
EvilhRenau1g014.png
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The ettin and the Paralyth futilely try to strike their enemies that provoke retalitory strikes from them.

The ettin misses again with another weak strike, bouncing harmless off Bessie's hide.

The succubus calls out "Get her, take her down!" as she attempts to crush the destrachan's will.

The undead abomination floats up to flank Bessie with the ettin, but both it's strikes are not effective.

The ettin again tries to smash Bessie with its club and this time is successful, using the adrenaline of the strike to fuel another swing of the massive club again connecting.

The abishai, with longsword in mouth, disappears from sight.

[sblock=OOC]
OA
Ettin :
Standard: Bash Bessie
Vs AC; Damage (1d20+15=25, 1d8+9=11) (no push)

OA Paralyth: Vs AC; Dmg (1d20+16=19, 2d6+6=14) Nope.

Ettin #2:
Move: n/a
Standard: Bash BessieVs AC; Dmg (1d20+15=24, 1d8+9=16) I guess it's back to sucking again ;)
(no push)

Succubus:
Move: (if necessary) to get in range of Dominate (range 5) Bessie
Standard: Use Dominate on Bessie
Vs Will (1d20+12=29)

Paralyth:
Move: to I7
Standard: Nervous Feedback (2 attacks)
Vs AC; Dmg (1d20+18=24, 2d6+6=12, 1d20+18=24, 2d6+6=15) *Includes +2 for CA :rant:

Ettin #1:
Standard: Bash Bessie (I hope)
Vs AC; Dmg (1d20+15=34, 1d8+9=11) *Forgot +2 for CA
Action Point:
Another Clubbing: Vs AC; Dmg (1d20+17=31, 1d8+9=15)

Abishai: Regen 5
Standard: Shadow Meld (invisible and teleports 6 squares south
Move: 6 squares south (goal is to drop the sword behind the tower out of sight of the angel)
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 7, continued

The ettin fails to get through Bessie's tough backside.

Round 8

The succubus uses her wiles to crush Bessie's fragile will. (hits. Bessie is dominated.)

The paralyth wraps two tentacles around Bessie's neck and squeezes, but Bessie's mind is too addled to take any notice. (miss, miss)

With the paralyth holding her still, the ettin gives Bessie two hard thwacks to the rear. (both hit. Bessie is bloodied)

The abishai heals a bit and disappears. (I'm going to say that since Bessie is currently dominated, the abishai is effectively hidden from her. It's not that she doesn't know where he is, but she's not able to act on that information or communicate it. I've hidden the abishai on the map for now.)

[sblock=renau1g]Abishai is in W9[/sblock]

Initiatives

Succubus 70/90, shape changed to Angel, in the river 4 squares below bridge.
Paralyth 23/96, bloodied, at ground level
Will dead
Ettin, head 1 159/222
Abishai 37/51, carrying angel's longsword, at water level.
Angel 136/168, unarmed, melee attacks with longsword do +1d6 radiant, slowed, 1 square above river surface <== you're up
"Bessie" 57/122, bloodied, dominated til Succubus' ENT
Ettin, head 2 hp shared with head 1

Resources used:
  • Bessie: reverbate, bellowing blast, 1/2 surges
  • Angel: AP, healing word x1, Cure Serious wounds,
  • Ettin: AP

[sblock=map]
EvilhRenau1g015.png
[/sblock]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The angel brandishes her own Flaming Fist "Back into the abyss that spawned you!"
The paralyth, having been made in a laboratory doesn't even seem to realize she is talking to it.
With a scream she drops like a stone into the river and make her way over to where she dropped her dagger. (k9)
[sblock] turn undead vWill 1d20+6=7, 2d10+2=6
not the high rolls I needed. It takes 3 damage, no push or immobilize.
there is probably some falling damage from the river.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 8, continued

The angel abjures the paralyth, but to little avail. It plummets to the riverbed and moves towards its dagger, glinting silver against the mossy rocks. (I need to clarify your action a bit. You can either a) fly directly to K9 at river level, provoking an OA, or b) drop prone as a minor action, crashing and taking 1d10 falling damage but no OA. However, with option B, you can't get to K9, since you'd be prone. Normally you could crawl half your speed and get to K9 easily, but you're still slowed, so the best you can do is K8. I'm looking for clarification, since it seemed like you had two goals, getting to K9 and avoiding OAs, and I don't think both are possible.)

(renau1g, unless you have plans that depend on the angel's exact position, it seems like you can probably go now. Don't forget an action for Bessie.)

renau1g

First Post
The succubus forces her will on the destrachan and orders Bessie to blast the angel, the beast unleashing a sonic blast at its ally. This leaves her open to assault from the real enemies next to her.

The ettin will smash his club fiercely over the beleagured destrachan, roaring with delight as his blows are coming more easily now.

Seeing the previous target of her machinations taken care of, the succubus turns her attention back to the angel and once again tries to overwhelm his defenses, but can't penetrate his divine wards.

The paralyth wraps two tentacles around Bessie's neck and squeezes tightly, cutting off all air to the creature. It leaves the beast in a heap, before descending down to the angel.

The ettin will follow suit, stepping over the body of the destrachan, it'll drop in the river with a splash and swing at the angel.

[sblock=OOC]
Bessie:
Sound Pulse against Angel:
Vs Ref; Thunder Dmg (1d20+19=36, 2d8+8=17)

Assuming that it draws OA's for using the ranged attack in melee:

OA
Ettin :
Standard: Bash Bessie
Vs AC; Dmg (1d20+17=21, 1d8+9=10) (no push) Nope...

OA Paralyth: Vs AC; dmg (1d20+18=30, 2d6+8=17)

Ettin #2:
Move: n/a
Standard: Bash Bessie Vs AC; Dmg (1d20+17=37, 1d8+9=10) *Crit for 17 damage, (no push)

Succubus:
Move: to get just within range of angel (I want her to be 5 squares away)
Standard: Use Dominate on Angel
Vs Will (1d20+12=15) Nope...

Paralyth:
Standard: Nervous Feedback (2 attacks)
Vs AC; Dmg (1d20+18=33, 2d6+5=14, 1d20+18=32, 2d6+5=14) *Includes +2 for CA (from flank)
If both hit, target is marked and ongoing 5 psychic
Minor: Spinal Domination Vs Will (1d20+14=19) Nope...although I think she's dead anyways
Move: to k9 (if possible, or as close as I can)

Ettin #1:
Move: To the k8 area, next to angel if possible (he'll take the 1d10 dmg from falling)
Standard: Bash the angel
Vs AC; Dmg (1d20+15=26, 1d8+9=11)

Abishai: Regen 5
Standard: Shadow Meld (invisible and teleports 6 squares south
free: drop sword (AC9 I think?)
Move: 6 squares north (back to W9)

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=cov]
They'll let the angel go without OA, saving them for the dominated Bessie, thinking to take advantage of her granting CA condition
[/sblock]

Remove ads