Monster Mash: Evilhalfling vs. renau1g

covaithe

Explorer
Round 6, continued

The angel, head swimming, drops its weapons and flies towards Bessie. (Takes 5 ongoing psychic. paralyth doesn't get an OA, since it was dazed. It would have missed anyway. Abishai crits for 25 damage, which bloodies the angel. Angel is unarmed, though its weapons are recoverable. Since the river is not deep here, I'll call it a standard action in the square K9 at the river's level to get them back. Angel saves against dazed.)

Bessie moos plaintively, blasting the paralyth with noise. (paralyth is bloodied. Bessie provokes an OA from the Ettin.)

Initiatives

Succubus 70/90, shape changed to Angel, dazed until end of angel's next turn, in the river 4 squares below bridge.
Paralyth 41/96, bloodied, under the bridge in J8
Will dead
Ettin, head 1 159/222
Abishai 27/51, invisible except to Bessie
Angel 60/168, bloodied, unarmed, melee attacks with longsword do +1d6 radiant, slowed, dominated until succubus' ENT
"Bessie" 122/122
Ettin, head 2 hp shared with head 1 <== you're up

Resources used:
  • Bessie: reverbate, bellowing blast, 1/2 surges
  • Angel: AP, healing word x1

[sblock=map]
EvilhRenau1g012.png
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As Bessie unleashes another blast at the floating undead, the Ettin finally breaches her strong defenses and scores a minor blow.

As a follow-up the right head grabs control of their body and swings the club at the creature, hoping the angel will distract her with his newfound allegiance. The giant shifts a bit from the destrachan.

The succubus holds off for a moment to allow her allies a chance to hit the dominated angel.

The paralyth will noiselessly fly up to be next to the dominated angel and once again unleash a pair of viscious tentacle strikes against it. As they wrap around the angel, it begins to merge its alien mind with that of the angel and attempts to take over.

Seeing this the succubus springs into action and again tries to exert her will over the angel, but her efforts are to little effect.

The left head of the Ettin takes over and smashes the club mightily over the head of Bessie, causing some great damage. It continues to shift away from the destrachan.

The abishai floats down to where the angel dropped its blades and picks them up, smiling a toothy grin as the others pin down the foes.

[sblock=OOC]
OA
Ettin :
Standard: Bash Bessie
Vs AC; Dmg (1d20+17=33, 1d8+9=10) (no push) *Includes +2 for flanking with angel

Ettin #2:
Move: Shift right 1 square
Standard: Bash Bessie Vs AC; Dmg (1d20+17=31, 1d8+9=12) *Includes +2 for flanking with angel
(no push)

Paralyth:
Move: to J6
Standard: Nervous Feedback (2 attacks)
Vs AC; Dmg (1d20+16=30, 2d6+6=10, 1d20+16=26, 2d6+6=14) *Forgot +2 for CA
(hits 32 AC for 10 dmg & 28 AC for 14 dmg, + ongoing 5 psychic if both hit & is marked (save ends both))
Minor: Spinal Domination vs Will (1d20+14=18) *Forgot +2 for CA, hits Will 20. If hits, dominated until end of Paralyth's next turn

Succubus: (delayed)
Move: (if necessary) to get in range of Dominate (range 5)
Standard: Use Dominate on the Angel
Vs Will, dominate (1d20+12=15) *Forgot +2 for CA, hits Will 17

Ettin #1:
Move: Shift 1 square W
Standard: Bash Bessie (I hope)
VS AC; Dmg (1d20+17=37, 1d8+9=14) *Includes +2 for flanking with angel, not that it matters, Crit for 17 damage.

Abishai: Regen 5
Move: to K9, where the blades are at
Standard: Pick them up

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
OOC: [sblock]
are you sure you can get a dominated creature to perform a free action and a standard?
oh boy is my angel hosed.
Edit - nevermind I found it.
assuming the angel has at least one action she will cast Cure moderate wounds, If still dazed - she will also fold her wings and drop into the water.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Round 7

The ettin takes advantage of Bessie's plaintive cry to thump her backside. He then shifts, expecting the angel to be a distraction, but it just hovers there, stupefied. Nonetheless, the ettin thumps Bessie again. (the angel can't flank, since it can't make OAs due to being dazed. Both attacks still hit, 22 dmg total.)

The succubus waits, allowing the angel to recover its wits just in time to deflect one of the paralyth's tentacles. (delaying can't be used to extend the duration of "till end of next turn", so the angel recovers from domination before the paralyth's turn. Therefore it doesn't have CA, and one tentacle misses.)

The succubus stands in the water and attempts to dominate the angel again from afar, but the angel's will holds firm this time.

The ettin, starting to get the hang of this, swats Bessie again.

The abishai dips into the water and retrieves a glowing longsword in its mouth. It becomes visible. (I don't have the Draconomicon, so I can't see a picture of the abishai. The fact that it's a magical beast, and doesn't have claw attacks, suggests to me that it doesn't have hands. I'll let it pick up one weapon in its mouth, but while holding it it can only use sting attacks, not its acid burst.)

The angel, fully recovered, lays a glowing hand on itself, closing most of its wounds. Then.... (Cure Serious Wounds heals 86. Angel is no longer bloodied, and still has a move and a minor action left.)

Initiatives

Succubus 70/90, shape changed to Angel, in the river 4 squares below bridge.
Paralyth 41/96, bloodied, under the bridge in J8
Will dead
Ettin, head 1 159/222
Abishai 32/51, carrying angel's longsword, at water level.
Angel 136/168, unarmed, melee attacks with longsword do +1d6 radiant, slowed <== you're up
"Bessie" 83/122
Ettin, head 2 hp shared with head 1

Resources used:
  • Bessie: reverbate, bellowing blast, 1/2 surges
  • Angel: AP, healing word x1, Cure Serious wounds,

[sblock=map]
EvilhRenau1g013.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The angel will remember her poor departed companion, and say a brief prayer for his soul.

BTW Is his Descetran Dung shovel in the grass or in the river?

covaithe

Explorer
The angel will remember her poor departed companion, and say a brief prayer for his soul.

BTW Is his Descetran Dung shovel in the grass or in the river?

ooc: In the river, in the square with Will's body. Also, don't forget improvised weapons, which are basically anything that you can pick up, within reason.

Also, Bessie is up, too.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Evilh, Bessie hasn't recharged bellowing blast since she used it last. I didn't see a recharge roll in your post, so I rolled one for you, which failed. Which means I'll need something else from Bessie, sorry.

Also, the angel is slowed, so it can't make it to I10 this turn.

Remove ads