Monster names?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I'm less worried about the cheese than I am in figuring out how many Monster Manuals I have to buy to get some basics like lions, tigers, elephants, and pegasi.
I'm not just overlooking things like that in the book, am I? They're really not there?

Rechan

Adventurer
billd91 said:
I'm less worried about the cheese than I am in figuring out how many Monster Manuals I have to buy to get some basics like lions, tigers, elephants, and pegasi.
I'm not just overlooking things like that in the book, am I? They're really not there?
Yeah, not there.
Well, there are panthers. A spectral panther and a fey panther. That might suit you for a lion or a tiger. If not, take the displacer beast, strip out it's powers, and there you go.

Xefas

First Post
Imban said:
It's like Ixitxachitl which is totally not a compound of two English words but is also soul-killingly bad.

Hey! I liked that name. I was so proud when I learned how to pronounce it.

Unfortunately, the proper way involves unhinging your jaw, putting clothespins on your tongue, and pressing a microphone to your throat. However, you can use its colloquial version "icks-it-shack-it-all" without all the fuss easily enough.

Also, that "Doomdoom Worm" mentioned on the first page sounds awesome. It's like a worm that's the doom of doom. He could have some kind of doom-dispelling power: Maybe an anti-death aura or an auto-save power.

Remove ads