• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Vault

Threats isn't necessary but absolutely rocks. What it is is a list of sample organisations complete with stats for groups that are either around Nentir Vale or you can drop into your own campaigns.

the Jester

Legend
It's great for a low-level campaign, but sucks balls for anything paragon and above- there simply isn't enough in there worth using.

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
The Jester is a wise man and speaks the truth. I really like Nentir Vale Monster Vault, but I also LOVE low level D&D. They did a good job of adding more than stats to the monsters.

There's a little bit for paragon play and some really interesting named dragons (which I love). Worth the price of admission.

S'mon

Legend
I love it, though I've only really used the orcs and the awesome Gray Company (as Neo-Nerathi) so far - human villains who think they're the good guys add a huge amount of depth and some darkness to my 'Southlands' campaign...[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDd-GXkMrJs"]Run to the Hills[/ame]
vs
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTaD9cd8hvw&feature=related"]The Trooper[/ame]

Obryn

Hero
I got a ton of mileage out of Dythan's Legion - reskinned to Clan Dy'than for my low-Paragon Dark Sun game. It was a dray clan seeking lost artifacts; the Soliders were reskinned to Swordmage-types, and the Archers were reskinned to Defiling Warlocks.

They rocked. :)

-O

MortalPlague

Adventurer
It's great for a low-level campaign, but sucks balls for anything paragon and above- there simply isn't enough in there worth using.

Epic is pretty absent in that book, but there's a fair few good monsters in there for paragon tier. The higher end is a bit bare, but up to 15th or 16th, you've got a few really good monsters in there.

Remove ads