• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MONSTERS FROM BEYOND REDUX

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Quite a while back, I started a thread about which non-D&D monsters (monsters from beyond D&D) you'd like to see in 3e. I want to start a more light-hearted thread which has little chance of turning into a flamewar, so here we are.

To start off, I'll name the monster I named in that long-ago thread:

The Pale, from Dark Conspiracy. Albinoid aliens in flowing robes, who absorb the heat from your body for their sustenance. They also have these bizarre living swords, creatures genetically engineered to help their wielder suck the warmth from living flesh.

Very cool.

So now your turn.

A2Z

Explorer
The Inhumi from Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun and Book of the Short Sun. Vampire like aliens who take on the characteristics of their victims.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
The Kzinti, from Larry Niven's Known Space/Ringworld books are naturals for D&D.

Niven's Pierson's Puppeteers are great for a really interesting "mastermind" race, pulling the strings (yeah, it's a pun) of the campaign world.

I also like the Moties from Niven and Pournelle's The Mote In God's Eye.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Are Trollocs already covered? I'd like to see Fades too. :) Padan Fain perhaps even.

Favorite though would have to Ringwraiths. They'd kick a lot of butt! :D

Psion

Adventurer
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention Aliens from the movies of the same name.

As long as we are bringing up Niven, howsabout slavers?

Gez

First Post
The Grietch, from Dan Simmon's Hyperion ?

The Gungans -- just joking, we already have elves who fill the same role (long ears, like ecology, act stupidly, deserve to die).

Remove ads