D&D 5E Monsters of the Multiverse as Piecemeal content?

I get it, micro/small transactions are often ... expensive &/or exploitive. But in this case it makes sense to me. A DM can buy the whole package, but then a player can buy just what they need/want piecemeal and/or as they want it. It will certainly add up to being more expensive buying it a piece at a time, but it also means someone doesn't have to spend all the money for the whole thing at once.

Transparent choice is good right?
If you buy it piecemeal to the point it costs the same as the book they just give you the whole book.

Honestly can't agree. DnDBeyond is the best onboarding tool to get rules nervous players into the game I have ever encountered. I just do not like the pricing structure.
D&D Beyond books are generally cheaper then the Physical version, and Beyond can’t charge you more then the price they offer for the book. Piecemeal is just for people who don’t want the whole thing.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
it has to do with "no one would want to pay for the best 15 minutes of the movie" and me knowing people that would rather pay $4 for the big set pieces then $11 for the whole movie because it would make it easier for them to just get to the big set pieces they care about.

i responded to
Which is pedantic tangential nonsense with no relation to the point of the post you're replying to nor the general exchange that post was part of.

I don't care if you know someone who would pay for 15 minutes of a movie, they're an extreme rarity, and the actual percentage of the population who would do so is completely inconsequential to the topic of the thread, to the analogy in question, and to the specific post you replied to.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It’s no different to how iTunes lets you buy individual songs or an entire album (and adjusts the price of the latter if you do the former).

I don’t see it as a cash grab at all. It is quite handy.
That is a much closer analogy than video game DLC microtransactions.

I can easily imagine a player who want the D&D Beyon info for Kenku and Genie Warlock for a character they are running, or something like that.

Which is pedantic tangential nonsense with no relation to the point of the post you're replying to nor the general exchange that post was part of.
it quoted the part I responded to and had what my responce was.

in no way is repsponding to the words you typed anything more or anything less then responding to the words you typed.
I don't care if you know someone who would pay for 15 minutes of a movie, they're an extreme rarity,
I don't know that they are, and neither do you (unless you work for some holliwood firm that studies these things)
and the actual percentage of the population who would do so is completely inconsequential to the topic of the thread,
and yet you brought it up and I only responded to it... I didn't make up the 15 min of movie analogy
to the analogy in question, and to the specific post you replied to.
YOU made the analogy I responded to. I even quoted you

doctorbadwolf

That is a much closer analogy than video game DLC microtransactions.

I can easily imagine a player who want the D&D Beyon info for Kenku and Genie Warlock for a character they are running, or something like that.
Absolutely. If I were still fairly broke, and wanted to play a motm bugbear gloomstalker, I could spend a rather small amount on those two things specifically, and be good to go. If I then got a raise, saved up, whatever, and wanted to get Xanathar's and MoTM in full, the price would be lower by an equal amount to what I paid for the small bits i'd already purchased from them.

It's a very user-friendly setup.

doctorbadwolf

YOU made the analogy I responded to. I even quoted you
Well, no, I replied to the analogy. You pedantically interjected with a tangent that has absolutely no possible benefit to the discussion.

It seems like you've an issue with the idea of not being pedantic to no benefit to anyone, so I'm going to simply make sure that you and I aren't as likely to have this issue in the future.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases