Monte's Project- Apparatus of Kwalish?

LightPhoenix

First Post
The Chick comment can't be used conclusively, the very existence of D&D, among other things, angers him. Another book, any book, is just more fuel for the fire. I think that the Kwalish idea is a fairly good one, since it's the only one to incoporate gnomish kama-sutra as some kind of definite clue. And hey, Gnomish sex isn't evil!

LightPhoenix

Ziggurat

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
The Chick comment can't be used conclusively, the very existence of D&D, among other things, angers him. Another book, any book, is just more fuel for the fire.
Yeah, but the comment seems to imply that it's something that will especially enrage JC, otherwise what's the point of bringing him up at all? Chick seems to have primarily focused on the 'occult' aspects of D&D, so it makes sense to assume that this is the angle that the book will take.

Ziggurat

First Post
Whoops - got my talismans and tomes crossed. Try 'The Book of Vile Darkness'

I wonder how reliable the Karma-Sutra comment was: the Rumours page offers "In some very vague and possibly misleading way ... Take that one with a pinch of salt." Does anyone know what the original source was?

Henry

Autoexreginated
I still think "Book of Vile Darkness" is the best candidate. A guide to playing evil PC's successfully without destroying your campaign has been wanted by D&D players for a long time.

Then again, it would be a risky step publicity-wise to publish such a book, so if this is it then I would be shocked.

So, in summary, I have no clue. :)

I hope it is announced soon.

A2Z

Explorer
It could also be The Book of Infinite Spells or something along those lines. I'm not sure I got the name right. However, I don't think this is too likely.

I remeber Monte said someone had guessed it almost right on in the first thread and then we apparently moved away from that idea. Unfortunalty, I don't think anyone has come close since. Everyone keeps repeating the ideas that have pretty much been discounted. Oh well, it's still fun to speculate.

Personally I'm hoping for a technological or worldbuiding book. The best idea I thought was the Infinite Worlds type book. A bool full of ideas for different campaign settings. That would be pretty cool.

bret

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
I think that the Kwalish idea is a fairly good one, since it's the only one to incoporate gnomish kama-sutra as some kind of definite clue. And hey, Gnomish sex isn't evil!

LightPhoenix

Since the comment about Kama-Sutra was "vague and misleading" I don't think it necessarily has to involve sex.

Maybe inventions and constructs are as important to Gnomes as sex was to the authors of the Kama Sutra. In Forgotten Reams, the gnomes do have a god (Gond) dedicated to invention.

LightPhoenix

First Post
bret said:
Since the comment about Kama-Sutra was "vague and misleading" I don't think it necessarily has to involve sex.

Not to slam someone who agrees with me, but any and all things Monte said are vague and could be misleading. Spreading disinformation to keep projects secret is not a new idea.

Does anyone have the addy of the original thread?

LightPhoenix

Remove ads