Montrous Spider Familiar

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Side note, according the the Tome and Blood (pg 13), small sized sorcerer's and wizard's familiars "grant their masters" improved evasion, alertness, and shared spells.

Whoa! Familiars grant Improved Evasion?

That's not what PHB says.

When are T&B errata out?

-Hyp.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Hypersmurf said:
"What is the bonus for a Monstrous Spider familiar?" he said aloud. He was talking to himself, but CRGreathouse thought it was a riddle, and he was frightfully upset.

I laughed for nearly a minute without stopping... must be situational.

Demogorge

First Post
Grendel said:
Side note, according the the Tome and Blood (pg 13), small sized sorcerer's and wizard's familiars "grant their masters" improved evasion, alertness, and shared spells.

Hey no! I play a halfling sorcerer and was excited until I realized "small sized" refers to Tiny and smaller creature types and not the Small creature type...

I guess I could polymorph into a tiny creature and hold on to my familiars hair and use his Improved Evasion right? ;)

Lord Pendragon

First Post
From the D&D Game FAQ:
Do all familiars grant their masters improved evasion, or is this an ability possessed only by the familiar itself? I ask because the text on page 13 of Tome and Blood seems to say that familiars grant improved evasion.

No familiar in the Player’s Handbook or in Tome and Blood grants improved evasion (though they all have it). You've been misled by an error in the granted abilities text that appears on pages 13 and 14, which should read:

Granted Abilities: All familiars grant their master the benefits of the Alertness feat (when the familiar is within 5 feet), empathic link, and shared spells at 1st level in addition to any special abilities listed above.

So no, no Improved Evasion for PCs with familiars. :rolleyes:

Remove ads