• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monty Python's Top 20 sketches

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
The money sketch should be in the top ten. :cool:

"But I love money.
All money.
I've always wanted money.
To handle! To touch!
The smell of the rain-washed florin!
The lure of the lira!
The glitter and the glory of the guinea!
The romance of the ruble!
The feel of the franc!
The heel of the deutschmark!
The cold antiseptic sting of the Swiss franc!
And the sunburnt splendor of the Australian dollar!"

And the Agatha Christie sketch should be #1. No, the other Agatha Christie sketch. :D

Lookout: "This house is surrounded. I must ask that no one leave the room. I'm Chief Superintendent Lookout."
Lady Velloper: "Look out?"
Lookout: (jumping) "What, where, oh, me, Lookout. Lookout of the Yard."
Lady Velloper: "Why, what would we see?"

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
EricNoah said:
And I do like the cheese shop, better than dead parrot by a long shot.

The live Policeman's Ball verson of the parrot sketch is better than the original, in my opinion. For some reason, when those performing a sketch are trying desparately not to laugh (and failing, from time to time), the sketch just becomes so much funnier. It's that image of someone just trying to get his line out, but is trying so hard to hold in his laughter that he just can't quite do it (especially when you know exactly what the line is).

nakia

First Post
What, no "Philosopher's Soccer"?

I guess Nietzsche getting red carded is not as funny to others as it is, well, me.

Gomez

First Post
Let me see,

Woody and Tinney Words
Bicycle repair man
Homicidal barber
Mr Hilter
Oscar Wilde

Great Great Stuff

Zog

First Post
The upperclass twit of the year Is definitely my number one and it did not even make the list

There is no justice.

MaxKaladin

First Post
Zog said:
The upperclass twit of the year Is definitely my number one and it did not even make the list

There is no justice.
No, there isn't. On occasion I end up watching "America's Funniest Home Videos". For those who aren't familiar with it, they end up picking three videos each episode for the audience to vote on and then they award cash prizes to them based on their place in the voting. Every time I see it, it seems as if they manage to pick the three lamest videos for the audience to vote on and completely pass over the funniest ones.

Ghostwind

First Post
I'm surprised that "How Not to Be Seen" from And Now For Something Completely Different didn't make the top 20. I love that skit.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads