D&D 5E Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse Review.

JEB

Legend
My only real complaint is that they should have gone for say 320 pages instead of 288, and added in some creatures from outside those two books, either from adventures or newly updated to 5e. 20 - 30 more creatures would have been nice, and would have been a selling point to those who already have the other books...
Yeah, that seems like a missed opportunity (and I say that as someone with basically no interest in buying this book). Especially since it would save them the trouble of updating the older adventures post-2024.

pukunui

Legend
Now that I have my hard copy and have been looking through it, it's a really good resource, basically 5e's MM2 (which, remembering from when VGtM was released, it was widely stated that we would never get in this edition). If you don't have VGtM and MToF, it's a very helpful product to have if you want monsters. And even for me, who have those books, it's convenient to have almost all those monsters, and virtually all the non-PHB races, all together in one place. And I won't need to worry about continued wear-and-tear on my special editions of those books. My only real complaint is that they should have gone for say 320 pages instead of 288, and added in some creatures from outside those two books, either from adventures or newly updated to 5e. 20 - 30 more creatures would have been nice, and would have been a selling point to those who already have the other books...
While I agree that would have been nice and was a missed opportunity, my graphic designer's eye tells me that they already made the book bigger than they'd originally intended to because the black bar on the spine is very narrow and there's a lot more wraparound of the front and back covers than most of the other 5e books have had. It's worse even than the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale spines.

Either that or the graphic designer wasn't given the right specs for the spine and nobody noticed. (At least my copy doesn't have the "Monnsters ..." typo.)

Remove ads