Which movie is the most over-quoted?

• The Princess Bride

Votes: 23 16.7%
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Votes: 115 83.3%

Rackhir

Explorer
JoeBlank said:
I tried my best to resist the temptation to be a nit-picker, but I have given in:

Indigo: 1. Any of various shrubs or herbs of the genus Indigofera in the pea family, having odd-pinnate leaves and usually red or purple flowers in axillary racemes.
2. A blue dye obtained from these plants or produced synthetically.

The character is Inigo Montoya.

I am proud to say Princess Bride is my 4-year-old son's favorite movie, even though he still gets pretty scared by the giant rat (rodent of unusual size).

Sounds like someone's indulging in purple prose.

Cyberzombie

Explorer
shilsen said:
Just saw Monty Python for the first time last night. Haven't laughed that hard in a long while. And I caught a quotation in literally every scene, which is why I voted for it.
You JUST saw it for the first time? Heck, my two-year-old saw it a year ago! Where you been, mang? :confused:

Skarp Hedin

First Post
I'm not sure any of my players have seen those movies.

They've probably seen the Princess Bride, if they've seen either, and at least one hates anything British, so he'd never agree to watch Python anyhow.

Rackhir

Explorer
Skarp Hedin said:
I'm not sure any of my players have seen those movies.

They've probably seen the Princess Bride, if they've seen either, and at least one hates anything British, so he'd never agree to watch Python anyhow.

That's kind of ironic since Monty Python has some of the most savage mockery of British life and society.

Remove ads