D&D 5E Most Psionic-y Creatures

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
I could use some help from the community to identify good monsters I can reskin into humanoid psionic-using NPCs. I don't want to spend a lot of time creating unique monsters and would prefer to just tweak and use existing stat blocks with some cosmetic changes or maybe minor mechanics changes. I may also consult the UA on psions to see if I can lift anything out of there that would be cool, so if you have any recommendations in that regard, I'm all ears.

In particular, I'm trying to create a party of Inspired antagonists for my Eberron game. Githzerai seems like an okay choice, but I wondered if you have any suggestions for other monsters to look at that might be used for this purpose. The characters are on average 8th-level.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Here are the few psionic creatures that are not Gith or Mind Flayer related;
Quaggoth Thonot (MM)
Thought Spy, Mind Drinker Vampire, and Mind Mage (GGR)
Swarm of Cranium Rats (VGM)
Duergar Soulblade and Despot (MTF)
Duergar Darkhaft and Keeper of the Flame (OotA)

Puppeteers are pretty cool. You can play up the whole brain slug routine, and either make the humanoid bodies unwilling if you want a clear antagonist, or make them willing and exist in symbiosis if you want more of a grey area. Still leaves room for rebel factions and ethical questions.

Remove ads