Level Up (A5E) Motif Classes: An alternative to Synergy Feats and Prestige Classes

Faolyn

(she/her)
An idea I like that is ridiculously complicated to implement is a hybrid class system, something like what 4e did. Pick two classes, and you get about half of what they each get at each level. You could also make feats specifically designed to enhance certain combinations. So much potential in that method of implementing multiclassing.

Unfortunately, as I said, it's ridiculously complicated to implement, or I would have done it already.
1660587751764.png

VenerableBede

Adventurer
Freelancer
Also at 3rd level you begin tapping into the reputations that lancers have in a given region. As a result, choose one of the following options to represent your social impact.

... I can't believe it took until today for me to catch the pun here.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Freelancer
Also at 3rd level you begin tapping into the reputations that lancers have in a given region. As a result, choose one of the following options to represent your social impact.

... I can't believe it took until today for me to catch the pun here.
smily.jpg

What can I say? I am a nerd and a writer. I'm gonna write puns. It's inevitable!

PJ Coffey

PJ Coffey (they/them)
By limiting it to 8 levels (Or 7, 10, 5, whatever) and making sure you can't take more than one, they basically wind up occupying the same design space as Prestige Classes, but without the narrative delay that sees characters unsupported in what they want to do. Prestige Class at level 1, rather than level 6.
Ohhhhhh... well now I understand prestige AND motif classes. Thanks. 😀

Remove ads