• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Motor City Comic Con (Detroit, MI)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
My wife (Hygena, Who Wants to be a Superhero, Season 2) and I will be at Motor City comic con in Detroit, Michigan. We will have a booth there, and we'd love to see anyone from the board who has the time to stop by!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Someone at CM asked me about the venue:

I've never been there, so I am not sure what is a good or bad venue in that region.

However, my email from CGC (which is a comic book grading company) said this:

This weekend, from the 16th through the 18th, CGC will be set up at the Motor City Comic Con in Novi, MI! This show has been growing steadily over the years and recently moved to the Rock Financial Showplace which is the perfect venue for this great convention.

And my email from Mile High Comics (a buyer and seller of bulk older comics) said: This week's trip will take me to Novi (Detroit), Michigan, for this weekend's Motor City Con. I have attended Motor City several times in the past, and they have always proven to be wonderful places to locate old comics.

So I don't know how the Rock Financial Showplace compares to other convention space in the area. It looks nice from this picture I suppose:

homePageImage.jpg

As far as comics talent that I have heard of, featured guests include: Dick Ayers (Sgt. Fury), Al Feldstein (Mad, Tales from the Crypt), Authur Suydam (Marvel Zombies), Billy Tan(X-23), Herb Trimpe (Incredible Hulk), Bernie Wrightson (Swamp Thing, House of Mystery). There are a slew of decent entertainment guests too. I know my wife is looking forward to meeting Billy Dee Williams! Go Lando!

Novi's a pretty nice place, so I'd be surprised if the venue isn't as well.

Maybe I'll see if I can stop by, just to say hi if nothing else. What's the cover charge?

MonkeyDragon

Explorer
Tickets are 20 bucks a day, or 45 for a three day, if I recall.

I'll be there! ALLLL weekend! Stop by my booth, too! I'll be promoting my webcomic with my partner in crime, and selling my own things. There'll be prints (sidekick girl and others), t shirts, buttons, some crafty things, and I have a little gamer central with dice bags, some novelties, a short adventure that I should be finishing the map for Right Now, +1 cookies and...wait for it...CHOCOLATE D20s! Yes. I am that awesome. I also do cheap commissions and do good character portraits.

Look for the Sidekick Girl banner, or my Monkeydragon Studios sign.

I would entirely geek out to see anybody there.

The convention center is quite nice. The fancy room in the picture is another side room for banquets. The con itself will be in a pretty standard convention hall. Giant concrete floored room. But the tables are nice and it's usually chock full of dealers. Awesome for looking for comics and anime, and goodies like fun t shirts.

MonkeyDragon

Explorer
Another year, another Con over and done. It was a good show. Much, much slower than it's been in years past, but still good. I only saw Mistwell, but it was really exciting to have a face to put with even one screenname.

Grymhammer

Explorer
I should have introduced myself then! I bought two chocolate d20's! (Still haven't eaten the one I kept, and just checked, yep, got deformed in my car yesterday....) I did tell people about your booth, sent a girly over there from the Terra booth. Cute little booth girl I talked to about 4th edition, was so exited to hear about the chocolate d20's and the +1 cookies. She ran over and bought a handful.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads