[MotW] Faster Healing?

Dingleberry

First Post
When I first read the Faster Healing feat in MotW, I thought it was relatively worthless, since most parties don't wait around to heal naturally. But then I thought about the fact that every time my druid wildshapes, he regains lost hit points as if he rested for a day. Suddenly, this feat looks very shiny.

Thoughts?

Corwin

Explorer
Even if the group doesn't sit around for a whole day to heal, the one with fast healing still recovers their HD in HP at the end of the day. If the group does sit around to recover, the guy gets even more. So, it's nice in a game that has a fast pace or doesn't allow for rest stops often.

Heck, even with frequent rest stops, I'd take it. At mid to high level, this is a nice bump in free healing every day. Kinda like having the monk's wholeness of body ability.

My first reaction to the druid wildshape point you brought up is to say it would work that way. Basically it will add a few extra HP when you change back. But, I'd have to think about it more before I am sure. I don't have my books right now, but I don't see anything wrong with it. Isn't it HDx1.5 instead of HD? Or is it x2?

Galfridus

First Post
Rashak Mani said:
It probably wouldnt work... that would make the wildshape too good. At higher levels Druids would massive amounts of healing with this...

Not to mention the 10th level Shifter who can Wild Shape (and thus heal 15+ points) at will...

Corwin

Explorer
Galfridus said:

Not to mention the 10th level Shifter who can Wild Shape (and thus heal 15+ points) at will...

How is that much worse than the same Shifter healing 10 points a pop at will?!? That's OK to you? Those 5 points make or break the class?

Andor

First Post
The shifter is still using a move equivilent action to change every round.

Besides the Shifter has been immune to damage in the long term since 8th level when he learned how to turn into a troll. (Regeneration is an EX ability)

Shifters make terrifying enemies. Imagine a being that can drift anywhere he wants to in the shape of a mosquito, then settle on the thatched roof of an inn and turn into a gargantuan green slime. Or sneak into an armoury and turn into a rust monster.

-Andor

Galfridus

First Post
Corwin said:

How is that much worse than the same Shifter healing 10 points a pop at will?!? That's OK to you? Those 5 points make or break the class?

Looking at the table provided with Fast Healing, wouldn't the druid get 1.5 hp per level by default (the amount listed for full bed rest) rather than 1 hp per level (the amount for "light activity")? That would make it 15 vs. 20.

In any event, I'm perfectly OK with either option. Shifters are my new favorite class: they are powerful and flexible without being overpowered (at least not until the truly evil shifting options are discovered, like ooze cloning). If I were making a PC, it would be a Shifter. I wasn't implying that it was imbalanced, just that it was cool.

Morose

First Post
The healing that Shifters and high level Druids gain through Wild Shape is fairly negligible considering the type of healing powers a typical party has by that point (multiple complete healing spells per day). Just my 2 cents on that.

Dingleberry

First Post
I look at it this way: even if it's only a few points here and there, the fewer healing spells my druid has to use on himself, the more he can use on his animal companions. I need to keep his monkey alive, especially now that the little critter's going to be carrying the druid's material components so the druid can utilize the Natural Spell feat. In other words, PRAY FOR MOJO.

Remove ads