MOTW: Tempest?

Gyoza sausage bun

First Post
Could someone possibly list the prereq's of the Tempest prestige class?

Unfortunately all Australia's copies of MOTW are somewhere on the Pacific but will be here March at the latest. But I'll need to level up soonish.

Thanks

Crothian

First Post
THis class isn't bad. When I first scanned it I thought it would be pretty flat, because it's all about 2-weapon fighting. However, the description of this class really adds flavor.

THe requirtements are:

BAB: +9
Feats: Ambidexterity, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Tw-Weapon Fighting, and WEapon Finesse (any) OR Weapon Focus (Any)

I'm thinking level 1 Ranger, Level 2-9 Fighter is the best way to get to this class. The spring attacks makes no sense. And for all those people who like feats that allow your off hand to do full damage, even the Tempest, master of the two weapon fighting stly, does not get an ability like that.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
The description of the class and the two weapon fighting theme sounds a lot like my old Bladestorm Adept prestige class. It has similar abilities, but with less stuff overall.

Tempest just seems boring, and the Spring Attack requirement doesn't make a lot of sense.

drnuncheon

Explorer
Caliban said:
The description of the class and the two weapon fighting theme sounds a lot like my old Bladestorm Adept prestige class. It has similar abilities, but with less stuff overall.

Tempest just seems boring, and the Spring Attack requirement doesn't make a lot of sense.
\

Hmm, those requirements look awfully familiar.

Does the Tempest perhaps get some kind of Whirlwind Attack-like power? If so, then the reason for Spring Attack is clear - it's there because it's a prerequisite for WA.

J

Caliban

Rules Monkey
drnuncheon said:
\

Hmm, those requirements look awfully familiar.

Does the Tempest perhaps get some kind of Whirlwind Attack-like power? If so, then the reason for Spring Attack is clear - it's there because it's a prerequisite for WA.

J

Nope, no whirlwind power. Just extra two-weapon fighting feats.

Eventually it loses the -2 on all attacks when fighting with two weapons, and you can choose to either get a +6 dodge bonus or make 4 extra attacks with your off hand (at +0, -5, -10, and -15).

That's pretty much it.

Crothian

First Post
It is bland, but I imagine it could be very powerful in melee combat.

I do like the description of the class though. They should have gotten something extra, though. Maybe a few more skill points, or better saves at least.

Remove ads