MotW Toughness Feats

Caliber

Explorer
I have considered making Toughness function like the feat Inner Strength in the Psion Handbook. The only problem is setting an alright starting number.

The Cardinal

First Post
Creeperman said:
Something I've considered house-ruling is to add Toughness to the Fighter's list of bonus feats, to restore consistency, and to allow the entire familiy of feats to be automatically "upgraded" when the character's base Fortitude save gets high enough.

This makes the Toughness feats at least somewhat attractive to most characters, since you can invest the feat early your career and still get a noticable return later on at higher levels.

I like that idea - consider it stolen!

ruleslawyer

Originally posted by Caliber:
I have considered making Toughness function like the feat Inner Strength in the Psion Handbook. The only problem is setting an alright starting number.

Easy. Just set the progression equal to +3 for Toughness #1, +6 for Toughness #2, +9 for Toughness #3, etc.

That's actually the system I use. Oh, and I do allow Toughness as a fighter bonus feat. There's "non-technique" stuff on there; think Cleave, for example.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
ruleslawyer said:
That's actually the system I use. Oh, and I do allow Toughness as a fighter bonus feat. There's "non-technique" stuff on there; think Cleave, for example.

Cleave is very technical.

Any bozo can bash into an enemy with all his might.

But to manage to kill someone cleanly without losing momentum on your strike at such an angle that you can immediately make a follow up attack against a nearby opponent, that's impressive!

And to manage to do this every time you kill someone involves a degree of technique that only a character in a fantasy world can possess.

Last edited:

Remove ads