• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Movie Sequels

aco175

Legend
The Legend of Conan is slated, but no script yet and no release date. Supposed to follow the 2011 Momoa one, so I'm thinking not so good.

Hancock 2 is in pre-production from the 2008 movie. No script yet though.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2 continues from the 1988 movie. Says it is in development.

Bettlejuice 2 is is production, but looks like no Michael Keaton. Scheduled for next September.

There are several others like Machete in outer space and Salt, or even Sherlock Holmes 3, but the one I hope makes it through is Dodgeball 2 with Vince Vaughn.

Dioltach

Legend
The Legend of Conan is slated, but no script yet and no release date. Supposed to follow the 2011 Momoa one, so I'm thinking not so good.
When I first heard Jason Momoa had been cast as Conan, after his stint on Game of Thrones, I thought he'd be perfect. In the end the kid that played Young Conan in the opening scene was a better Conan.

aco175

Legend
When I first heard Jason Momoa had been cast as Conan, after his stint on Game of Thrones, I thought he'd be perfect. In the end the kid that played Young Conan in the opening scene was a better Conan.
Maybe he would be better no with 10 years more experience. This new movie is slated to have Schwarzenegger in it but continue the Momoa movie.

R_J_K75

Legend
For years it was supposed to be King Conan. This was announced years ago 2010-21012 IIRC. I doubt it will ever see the light of day with Schwartzenegger.

R_J_K75

Legend
It was a pretty bad movie. Honestly the only scene I remember of that movie was the opening scene.
Maybe he would be better no with 10 years more experience. This new movie is slated to have Schwarzenegger in it but continue the Momoa movie.
I could be mistaken but I dont think that movie considered to be in the same canon as the original two, is it?

Clint_L

Hero
I will go to my grave saying that Airplane II: the Sequel is better than Airplane: the Motion Picture. A lot of the jokes people associate with AP1 are actually from AP2.
Similarly, I'd say that Hot Shots Part Deux has a more consistent hit ratio that the first movie.
These are not franchises that I expected to see inciting passionate debate.
Macquires Spider-Man 2 was the Apex of the franchise
Live action, I'll grant you.

For me, the best sequel in terms of being an upgrade from the original is probably Mad Max: Fury Road. And I like the original, for what it is.

It's a bit of stretch, but you could argue that Silence of the Lambs was the sequel to 1986's Manhunter. And obviously a much better movie (although Manhunter ain't bad).

The Dark Knight was better than Batman Begins.

The Bourne Supremacy was better than the Bourne Identity. I basically attribute this to the fact that they were working out the formula.

I'm going for a deep cut here, but I'll say that Benji: The Hunted was much much better than the original Benji movie.

Nightmare on Elm Street 3 was the better than the first two.

Mimic 3 may be better than Mimic. It's been too long since I've seen the first one to be sure.

Piranha II was better than Piranha.

Back to comedy:

Return of the Killer Tomatoes was streets ahead of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Christmas Vacation is a timeless classic that I watch every year. Vacation is okay, but has almost none of the staying power of the sequel.

R_J_K75

Legend
Christmas Vacation is a timeless classic that I watch every year. Vacation is okay, but has almost none of the staying power of the sequel.
The 2015 Vacation remake was much better than I expected, hoped they made a sequel but after 8+ years, doesnt seem likely

Remove ads