Movies to watch while corona chan prowls the streets

aco175

Legend
Family night was Armageddon from the 90s. Next will be Apollo 13 since we just had the 50th anniversary.

I see Netflix has an increase with end of times movies like 13 Monkeys and Outbreak.

John carpenter's apocalypse trilogy. Many of you will be familiar with its first entry but most who have watched said entry dont evwn know its part of a trilogy. If you are a fan of the first one i highly recommend watching all three in the dead of night with the lights out. Very good horror trilogy. They are the following:

The thing (yup. Its actually part of a trilogy.)

Prince of darkness

The mouth of madness
(this one pisses me off because it should have been longer. Its just too damn good though. Totally worth watching anyway.)

Ive also made d&d arcs inspired by these movies. Very good entries. Love em.

Anything and everything by kubrick (i love that twisted man)

Ponty pool

Train to busan.
One of the best zombie movies ever. (its also got a badass sequel coming soon. It does not look like it will be delayed.)

The old evil dead movies.

Dr strangelove or how i learned to love the bomb

The wickerman

Akira

Stephen king adaptations
(yeah...not gonna list those. Too many.)

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I just started watching Tales From the Loop. First episode was solid. Reminds me a little of Dark from Netflix, which is bloody fantastic by the way, but better watched in German with subs, not so much dubbed. Both are slow burns with less Sci Fi than you might expect.

We're also mid-way through a Star Wars marathon, all the movies, plus 4 seasons of Rebels.

I have watched dark. I quite enjoyed it. I wonder if the story has progressed since i watched it.

I have not watched tales from the loop. If it is in the same vein as dark then im excited.

Also on a side note: palpatine is my favorite star wars character forever. I think hes the only one who could really get my mind set. Pappy palps is love. Love with melted cheese on face wrinkles.

R_J_K75

Legend
I ran a 5E D&D game last Wednesday where the players sailing ship ran into a magical storm. After the game I was thinking about the session and it reminded me of the movie from 1980, "The Final Countdown". Nothing to do with the pandemic but I could use to forget about it for 1 hr 43 min. Good movie from what I remember, though I haven't seen it in probably well over 35 years. Guess for $1.99 on Amazon Prime I'm going to find out if it holds up or not.

Remove ads