D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Undrhil

Explorer
I have just downloaded the v12.81 sheet from DMs Guild and I have found a bug (or I am doing something wrong).

When I create a new Sorcerer and choose the Wild Magic bloodline, the Class description section fills in with info for a Wizard level 1. The Class title shows up as 'Wild Mage' for this. When I create a Sorcerer and choose the Draconic bloodline, the Class description is correct and the Class title shows up as 'Sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline)'. When I change that to 'Sorcerer (Wild Magic bloodline)', the Class description updates correctly.

capn_pineapple

First Post
I have just downloaded the v12.81 sheet from DMs Guild and I have found a bug (or I am doing something wrong).

When I create a new Sorcerer and choose the Wild Magic bloodline, the Class description section fills in with info for a Wizard level 1. The Class title shows up as 'Wild Mage' for this. When I create a Sorcerer and choose the Draconic bloodline, the Class description is correct and the Class title shows up as 'Sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline)'. When I change that to 'Sorcerer (Wild Magic bloodline)', the Class description updates correctly.
Was just about to report this bug too. Beat me to it.

Also, the Artificer comes up as wizard unless I specifically put in "gunsmith" though that's not a mpmb script as yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wilcoxon

Explorer

Also, the Artificer comes up as wizard unless I specifically put in "gunsmith" though that's not a mpmb script as yet.

My understanding of v12.81 (which is different from v12.8 and before) is that if you enter "Artificer (blah)", you will get Artificer class but if you enter just "Artificer", you may get either the Artificer class or Wizard (Artificer). If you want it to always find the Artificer class, you need to exclude Wizard (Artificer). Artificer and Scout (that I remember) have been used for different classes so can cause mis-detection (in prior versions, you could enter Rogue (Scout) and still might get the data for Ranger (Scout)).

1) Odd. The JavaScript window for MPMB only extends about 2/3 across the screen but the label is removed from the left-most button.

2) I'll try to reproduce this later (likely tomorrow or Monday).

3) I'll upload some screen shots. It's really easy to see on mine since I added all sources to be included and then removed only the PHB Ranger (just to make doubly-sure that it picks up the UA Ranger Revised). I go into classes, click on the PHB Ranger, hit remove, go through the dialog because I wanted to remove an expandable node (Ranger instead of one of its sub-entries), hit apply - then, if I go back in, the excluded side is blank and the PHB Ranger is back on the included side. I'll upload some screen shots later (again likely tomorrow or Monday).

4) Thanks. Now I feel sheepish. Somehow I managed to miss that top text in the grey section (only seeing the title and the white section). After going through Adobe's hassles (can't save directly into that folder and can't save with .js extension (both silently failed which is ultra-annoying)), everything now appears to work fine (haven't tested as I don't need to import anything right now (I used the deprecated method the one time I had to do it so far)).

5) One other "bug" that I'm guessing is a limitation on Adobe (at least Reader) is that the dialog windows don't scale based on Windows Display/Text Size settings (I have my laptop set at 125%)). I think I've only ever hit one other application that didn't scale properly.

Your sheet is the only reason I've used Acrobat Reader in the last few years (every other PDF I've tried works in PDF X-Change correctly even if it claims to be "Acrobat-only"). I'm pretty sure the issue with PDF X-Change is not-quite-fully compatible JavaScript support (it certainly supports a fair bit of Acrobat JavaScript but gives a couple of errors when trying to open your sheet). This is not a bug report or a request to support PDF X-Change (I know how much work it can be to support multiple applications that mostly but not exactly support the same features) - it's just a comment that I'm willing to run a program I don't like to use your sheet. Yours is by far the best PDF sheet I've seen (though I do prefer ForgedAnvil's Excel sheet for what it supports but he has said he will not support Unearthed Arcana which is becoming a deal-breaker for me).
1) Yea it will shorten it to much less than the screen width, unfortunately.

3) Following your steps, I am still unable to reproduce this. Are you by any chance confusing the UA Ranger and the PHB Ranger? Anyway, there is no benefit to excluding the PHB Ranger. If you include the UA Ranger source, it will always do that ranger, even if you would then go into the dialogue and exclude the UA Ranger (yea not the best solution, but the sheet only excludes the subclasses, not the actual nodes).

4) Good that you got it working! Saving from within Reader is a hassle indeed, that why it says to save it to some place you have rights to, and only then change the extension and move it to the correct folder.

5) This is indeed a limitation of Adobe Acrobat. The issue is that the text does scale, but I still have to put a fixed value for the size of the area the text is displayed in. If it was somehow possible for Adobe Acrobat to query the DPI scaling of the machine I could remedy this issue, but unfortunately that is not possible.

No other software supports the full JavaScript API for Adobe Acrobat, so you will unfortunately have to stick with Adobe for this sheet ;)

I started making my own automated character sheet. I thought I did a pretty decent job, until I found yours... blew mine straight out of the water. Amazing work!

I'd like to make a few requests/suggestions:

1. I find it by far more intuitive to order the skills by the associated ability score, instead of straight alphabetic sort. It'd be great to have this ordering as an option.

2. On the spell sheet, space can become scarce for certain classes. I'd love to be able to remove the first spell level divider (usually the one for Cantrips).

3. A small tweak: MPMB uses the variant encumbrance rules by default, instead of the basic rule. This has confused almost all of my players... Perhaps it'd be better to default to the more standard rule?

4. Most classes will have more than 6 actions from early on, but much fewer bonus actions and reactions. If the actions box is to remain useful, maybe the normal actions should get 2 columns. Alternatively, don't mark the columns as normal/bonus/reaction. Instead, allow each action to be marked as one of the 3 categories.

Hope you'd implement them eventually. Either way, thanks!
1) You can change the order the skills are displayed at, just click on the skills and select the alternative order :)

2) It isn't possible to move the top headers, and I won't be changing that, for I would have to re-create the spell sheets and those things took a full day of rendering (please don't ask me why). However, your issue will only be applicable for characters that have a number of spells that just fit on one page or have one or two spells more. As you can make as many spell sheets as you want, any characters that will have a lot of spells will be using multiple pages anyway.

3) This is a bit of a legacy thing. The default encumbrance rule is part of the variant rule, in a sense that you can just only look at the values of Push/Drag/Lift for the numbers used by the default rules.

4) I struggle to find classes that have more than 6 new actions, other than the Monk. The Overflow page offers more space for actions. Editing the columns is unfortunately not a viable option because that would require me to re-do all of the code for adding, removing, moving, and deleting actions. Also, the Colourful sheets offer a lot more space for actions.

David G. on DMs Guild beat you to this bug report. Nevertheless, thank you for reporting it! This will be fixed in v12.82!

The Artificer class is not included in v12.81

Arryn

Explorer
This is probably more a user error issue than a bug, but when I add the feat Martial Adept, I can't find the place where you can choose the maneuvers that the feat grants you. Any help from those much smarter than me would be greatly appreciated.

This is probably more a user error issue than a bug, but when I add the feat Martial Adept, I can't find the place where you can choose the maneuvers that the feat grants you. Any help from those much smarter than me would be greatly appreciated.
It is unfortunately not possible to select a maneuver when you have only the Martial Adapt feat. The sheet doesn't support additional selections for feats. So this is not a bug, just something that is not supported. If you want to get the text for the different maneuvers automatically generated, I would recommend taking a second sheet, making a blademaster with it, and selecting some maneuvers. You can then copy-paste the text from the third page notes section to the other sheet.

With the big help from RCanine, who wrote most of the Artificer code that I ended up using, the new version is finished! And it includes the UA Artificer!

Unfortunately, the DMs Guild website is down for maintenance, so you can't get the sheet there (yet). I will upload it tomorrow when the site is back up.

[H=6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.82 (3 Februari 2017):[/H]
  • NEW FEATURE: The Artificer from the Artificer Unearthed Arcana (with big help from RCanine);
  • Added the UA Fighting Styles to the options of the Champion’s Additional Fighting Style (as suggested by rossow_timothy);
  • Added an option to see the skill tooltip in dialogue form to the skill menu (just click on the skills section);
  • Added the option to exclude a class as a whole and not just its subclasses (before a completely excluded class would still load its non-archetype features when selected);
  • Fix for the sheet recognizing the “Wild Mage” as a wizard (thanks David G. for reporting);
  • Fix for the source listing of the Lightfoot and Ghostwise Halflings (thanks mrpeach32 for reporting);
  • Fix for "Copy to Attuned Magical Items (page 2)" for the magic items menu option copying the magic item to the hidden row.
Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?.

Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Arryn

Explorer
When building an NPC Artificer (Thanks so much for adding that BTW) I noticed that if you take the Eyes of Minute Seeing the description in Magic Items is for an item that produces a Geyser of water.

Do you plan on creating an option where you can add the extra damage from Thunder Monger and the like to Thunder Cannon damage?

Remove ads