• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Astromath

First Post
Using V. 12.99 (printer friendly)

When autoadding equipment (background, armor, & weapons), the progress bar hangs. Clicking the X on the bar to cancel does nothing. I think it might have to do with the ammunition. I have put in 40 arrows.

Darn, just tested it with 20 arrows. Does the same thing. I'm going to check the color sheet next.

EDIT:

Just checked the color sheet. Same thing.

P.S. I'm only using the base books (no UA supplements). I'm also using the sheet with AL toggled.

Last edited:

I just noticed something. This deals with spells. Let's suppose you make a wizard that has the cantrip fire bolt. Then you take spell sniper (wizard) feat. The spell sheet offers fire bolt again. I believe the sheet should be updated to know that if fire bolt (or any other cantrip being chosen by spell sniper) is already taken, it would take that cantrip off the list. I haven't checked, but I think this needs to be done with other spells not chosen by class, such as the racial spells. If a race already has the spell, then it should be taken off the spell list.

I would also change the order of when the spell sniper cantrip is chosen. I suggest the following: put the spell sniper choice before the choosing of the class spells instead of after.

IOW: the spell choices would go as follows:
1: Choose racial spells
2: Choose feat spells
3: Choose class spells

Since magic items can also have spells, if and when the ability to automate magic items is added, they should have their own sheet.
Underhill has said the same thing as I'm about to say. I understand that you don't want to have the same cantrip from several sources, but the rules don't limit you in this regard. Maybe you do want a cantrip from another source so you can use another spellcasting ability score with it?

The order in which the spell selection dialogues appear is the order in which you added the things to the sheet. So if you chose the race before the class, you get the race before the class, and vice versa.

Using V. 12.99 (letter, color)

Just came across a problem. Add backpack and other items to left column. Then use the "auto" add for background equipment, armor and weapons. The left hand weight subtotal does not calculate correctly. It only shows the weight of the extra items that the backpack did not originally have. And the total weight box is empty.

Step 1: Add pack (left column)
Step 2: Add extra items to pack, such as healing potions
Step 3: Auto-add background, armor, and weapons

Expected behavior: Subtotal of weight would include the pack and the extra items.
Actual behavior: Subtotal of weight only shows the weight of the extra items.

P.S. I manually entered the healing potions instead of using the equipment drop down list. The reason is that I needed to add potions of greater healing to the pack.

One other thing. On another sheet, I did add healing potions from the drop down, then changed the potion name to potion of greater healing. I then tried to add a new potion of healing to the list and instead of adding a new line for the potion, it incremented the number of potions of greater healing.

Using V. 12.99 (printer friendly)

When autoadding equipment (background, armor, & weapons), the progress bar hangs. Clicking the X on the bar to cancel does nothing. I think it might have to do with the ammunition. I have put in 40 arrows.

Darn, just tested it with 20 arrows. Does the same thing. I'm going to check the color sheet next.

EDIT:

Just checked the color sheet. Same thing.

P.S. I'm only using the base books (no UA supplements). I'm also using the sheet with AL toggled.
The bug you are reporting is the same for both these posts and has to do with the context-aware attack calculations. This is something that will be fixed in the next version of the sheet, thank you for reporting it! In the future, you can more accurately report errors in the sheet by setting Adobe Acrobat to display the console when it encounters any errors. You can do this in EDIT >> PREFERENCES >> JAVASCRIPT

v12.991 - some essential bugfixes (no 'major' feature yet...)

The poll for which 'major' feature to be added to version 13 is still neck and neck, so please vote for the feature you would like to see added next!

In the meantime, I have made a new interim version that includes some essential bugfixes.

[H6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.991 (29 May 2017):[/H6]
  • Fix for the Weight dialogue not working in the Colourful version (thanks Widdy for reporting);
  • Fix for adding weapons & ammo from the 1st page to the equipment section not working (thanks François S. for reporting);
  • Fix for the Moon Bow, from the Eldritch Invocation, not automatically being set to having proficiency (thanks robmox for reporting);
  • Fix for importing from v12.99 (it is not possible to import from v12.99 to v12.99) (thanks Robert N. for reporting);
  • Changed “Fool’s Look” to “Fool’s Luck” (thanks M. L for reporting);
  • Changed “I don't play attention” to “I don't pay attention” (thanks RobRoseKnows for reporting);
  • Fixed an issue with not being able to select all spells in the Source Selection dialogue (thanks uly for reporting);
  • Fixed the ‘Get Adobe Acrobat DC’ warning showing up incorrectly after resetting or importing to the sheet;
  • Added functionality to the “Flatten” button to remove the warning that was causing issues on Adobe Acrobat Reader for Android/iOS, because of a bug in that software.

Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?.

Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Astromath

First Post
I'm trying to download the new sheet, but the filename is still 12.99 and the version printed on the sheet is 12.98 from your dropbox.

EDIT:

Never mind. It's updated now. Thx.

Last edited:

uly

First Post
Bug?

Arguably not-quite a bug.

Crossbow bolts are named "Crossbow bolts" when you try to add them via the Add Equipment->Gear. But if you're add them via the Add Equipment->Weapons&Ammunitions (from 1st page), they are named simply "Bolts".

This means that if you already have "Crossbow bolts" in your inventory, the sheet will attempt to auto-add "Bolts" again.

Yes I know this is how it's written in PHB, and it's a rather minor annoyance. But either way, I'd recommend sticking to a single wording for this item.

I'm trying to download the new sheet, but the filename is still 12.99 and the version printed on the sheet is 12.98 from your dropbox.

EDIT:

Never mind. It's updated now. Thx.
It was your post that made me look into the issue, because apparently the way I have to keep the old Dropbox folder up-to-date didn't do its job (this is only for the one for people who have contributed via the old PayPal way, not for Patreons, thus not many people use it anymore). I just was abroad when you posted this and didn't have a good enough internet to dare and load EN world ;)

So thank you for reporting this issue!

Arguably not-quite a bug.

Crossbow bolts are named "Crossbow bolts" when you try to add them via the Add Equipment->Gear. But if you're add them via the Add Equipment->Weapons&Ammunitions (from 1st page), they are named simply "Bolts".

This means that if you already have "Crossbow bolts" in your inventory, the sheet will attempt to auto-add "Bolts" again.

Yes I know this is how it's written in PHB, and it's a rather minor annoyance. But either way, I'd recommend sticking to a single wording for this item.
Thank you for reporting this bug (and yes, I do consider this a bug because the way you expect it to work was always the intention). This turned out to be a pretty difficult thing to fix, but I think I got it all worked out. You can expect this to work properly in the next version!

v12.992 - fixing some bugs

Although work on the Magic Item addition has begun, it is now first time for an update that fixes some bugs, adds some small new features, and remedies some graphical issues.

[H6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.992 (4 June 2017):[/H6]
  • Corrected placement of many fields, text lines, and other minor graphical tweaks;
  • Avast is no longer falsely flagging the sheet as a virus;
  • Added the option to use proficiency bonus as a dynamic modifier in the modifier fields;
  • Added a way for things to add something to a modifier field instead of having to overwrite its content, thus allowing things like the Swashbuckler’s Rakish Audacity (+Cha to Initiative) and the Alert feat (+5 Initiative) to work together;
  • Fixed typo (thanks Erik for reporting);
  • Fixed the damage die for the Panther’s claw and bite attacks (thanks Mitch H. for reporting);
  • Removed the maximum of 45 for ability scores;
  • Fix for adding equipment from the ammo section not working well together with ammo that was added using the Add Equipment button (thanks uly for reporting);
  • Fix for adding weapons to equipment that have a name similar to ammunition (e.g. ‘Sling’ and ‘Sling Bullets’).
Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?.

Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

v12.993 - Emergency Patch

Turns out I made a mistake that crippled the Colourful versions of the sheet, specifically the Letter version and the right column of the second page. Thus a very quick update to patch these problems.

[H6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.993 (5 June 2017):[/H6]
  • Fixed some big problems with the fields for Feats on the Colourful-Letter 2nd page (thanks Eric K. for reporting);
  • Changed the secondary drop-down box for the Dragon Casualty to show Origin along with the optional Disfigurement (thanks Adam B. for reporting);
  • Removed any duplicates from the Subclass Selection dialogue (thanks Eric K. for reporting);
  • Made the Feats prerequisite test listen to the ‘ignorePrereqs’ variable and also removed pop-ups about not meeting prereqs when importing a character (thanks Eric K. for reporting);
  • Updated the FAQ.

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?

Remove ads