D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
I'm fairly technologically challenged, so feel free to berate me for asking this, but is there any way to save the sheet so it can't be edited once it leaves me? Just so I save it when it looks good on my end and will look exactly the same when the person opens it on their end in an uneditable state?

Well, I'm on Windows, but to prevent editing I print it to PDF (there's a special printer target called Microsoft PDF). It essentially renders it and saves the result in PDF format, which is uneditable. Mac should have an equivalent...?

marioinfinity

First Post
Sheet: 12.995

Possible Bug?

Ranger Companion Page: If you add a second type of attack, it doesn't calculate damage correctly. ie: Wolf, has bite default. If I add "bite" again, it shows everything correct except damage doesn't include proficiency.

This was discovered trying to add a "bite, favored enemy" (favored enemy line works on main sheet for character and adds increased damage). The favored enemy dmg increase doesn't happen (wasn't too surprised) but noticed the proficiency to damage doesn't either (that was surprising lol).

Leading to Suggested Feature:
Perhaps a future version adding the companion sheets to have "favored enemy/greater favored" included on the attack line would be cool

(since with this design you can add another attack and show that is kinda neat vs having just a floating "+2" in notes somewhere. Yes, can do it with "adjusting modifiers" but just figure'd that discovery did lead to said suggestion).

Cheers

uly

First Post
Typo in 12.995 PF:

UA:SS spell "Healing Elixir" is misspelled as "Healing Elixer"

In the Companion Sheet, if you create a Find Steed mount, the description in Notes:
"The steed serves me as a mountl" <- I guess it should be "mount," or "mount."

Last edited:

Wow. Really? Preview overwrites the file? That seems like a massive bug (completely unrelated to MPMB).
Preview overwriting the files is not something just done by Preview, it is a Mac feature to 'autosave' your work. All built-in programs on Mac OS have this 'feature'. And yes, I wouldn't want to work with that :p

Thanks for the quick reply. I had a talk with my one player and they had in fact opened it with Preview. I had them install reader DC, delete the sheets I sent and I sent new ones over and we're still getting the one issue of all of the skills having no values in them when they open the sheet on their end.

I'm fairly technologically challenged, so feel free to berate me for asking this, but is there any way to save the sheet so it can't be edited once it leaves me? Just so I save it when it looks good on my end and will look exactly the same when the person opens it on their end in an uneditable state?

Huge fan of the character sheets though, incredibly useful!
Are you sure they were opening the sheet With Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, and not inside a browser or something (Adobe Acrobat can run inside a browser as well)? Because the bug you are describing is not one I have heard from anybody else except for when they are using the wrong software or when they first open in Preview, close, and only then open in Adobe Acrobat. The only other thing I can think of is that JavaScript is disabled.

If you are sure you are using the right software, can you please send the affected file and a screenshot of the issue (please show the software being used in the screenshot, don't just crop to the skills). Thank you!

I too wouldn't mind the ability to export a static sheet.

There is a way. The following is only an example: https://free-print-to-pdf.en.softonic.com/ There are others.

Well, I'm on Windows, but to prevent editing I print it to PDF (there's a special printer target called Microsoft PDF). It essentially renders it and saves the result in PDF format, which is uneditable. Mac should have an equivalent...?

Astromath and andargor are on the right track for creating a static sheet. What you need to do is to print the sheet to PDF with one of the many PDF printers out there. Windows 10 has a free built-in PDF printer, but Mac doesn't (or at least not an easy one that I know off).

I could make a button to export the sheet as a flattened file, but the functions it would need to accomplish that have been restricted by Adobe to not be available in Acrobat Reader. So even if I make the button, most people won't be able to use it.

The free PDF printer for Windows that I can recommend is PDFCreator.

Sheet: 12.995

Possible Bug?

Ranger Companion Page: If you add a second type of attack, it doesn't calculate damage correctly. ie: Wolf, has bite default. If I add "bite" again, it shows everything correct except damage doesn't include proficiency.

This was discovered trying to add a "bite, favored enemy" (favored enemy line works on main sheet for character and adds increased damage). The favored enemy dmg increase doesn't happen (wasn't too surprised) but noticed the proficiency to damage doesn't either (that was surprising lol).

Leading to Suggested Feature:
Perhaps a future version adding the companion sheets to have "favored enemy/greater favored" included on the attack line would be cool

(since with this design you can add another attack and show that is kinda neat vs having just a floating "+2" in notes somewhere. Yes, can do it with "adjusting modifiers" but just figure'd that discovery did lead to said suggestion).

Cheers
The addition of the Ranger's Proficiency bonus to the companion's attacks are done whenever you change level. Then any change in Proficiency Bonus is applied. There is indeed no way to apply the bonus to attack/damage when you add a weapon, because, generally, your companion should never get any more attacks than the ones it starts with.

But I understand where you are coming from with the addition of the favoured enemy damage. I will add it as a 'minor feature' addition that can be voted upon on the Patreon. Thank you for the suggestion!

Typo in 12.995 PF:

UA:SS spell "Healing Elixir" is misspelled as "Healing Elixer"

In the Companion Sheet, if you create a Find Steed mount, the description in Notes:
"The steed serves me as a mountl" <- I guess it should be "mount," or "mount."
It is spelled "elixir" in English, who knew? I guess I always spelled that word wrong because it is "elixer" in Dutch :p

Thank you for reporting these two mistakes!

uly

First Post
Found 3 bugs in 12.995 PF:

1st bug: similar to the Crossbow Bolts bug earlier...

1. Have "Thunder Cannon Rounds" in the Equipment list, and "Thunder Cannon" in another column.
2. Move "Thunder Cannon" to the column where "Thunder Cannon Rounds" is.
3. It will be added to "Thunder Cannon Rounds", instead of a separate item.

2nd bug:

1. Have "Thunder Cannon" in the Attacks list.
2. Have "Thunder Cannon" in the Equipment list.
3. In the Equipment list, Add Weapons & Ammunition from 1st page.
4. "Thunder Cannon" will be added every time you repeat that, even if it already exists in the Equipment list.

3rd bug: kind of a pseudo-bug:

1. In your Attacks list, have "Thunder Cannon (Monger)" but NOT "Thunder Cannon" (which is reasonable, because they're kind of redundant.)
2. Go to your Equipment list, and Add Weapons & Ammunition from 1st page.
3. Thunder Cannon will not be added.

Last edited:

Remove ads