D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

gerdalti

Villager
Now I'm curious to know what you wrote before you edited :p Great to hear you like the sheet, hope it helps you save the princess/kill the dragon/stop the evil wizard!

Haha, both wonder and regret in one post is funny! I should've known better than to simply take every alteration at face value, especially considering I know that Hellish Rebuke is a reaction... O well, it has been fixed in v8.01

I was having a problem where Wizard wasn't calculating "number of spells to memorize" based on Class Level + Int Mod, only Class Level. Wizard also wasn't (and isn't still) asking for "Intelligence Score", only Ability Score on the Input page. I thought those might be related.

I was having a problem where Wizard wasn't calculating "number of spells to memorize" based on Class Level + Int Mod, only Class Level. Wizard also wasn't (and isn't still) asking for "Intelligence Score", only Ability Score on the Input page. I thought those might be related.
Strange that it doesn't update it to "Intelligence Score", because it should. Some follow up questions:
1) Does it also not change it for other classes? (i.e. does selecting Bard produce "Charisma Score")
2) What OS are you using?
3) What version of Excel are you using?
4) What language of Excel are you using?
5) Are macro's enabled?

Astromath

First Post
Found another glitch. Using 8.01 (letter)

Class Features
Step 1: Check the Other checkbox and type in anything in the following field.
Step 2: Check either the Martial or Simple checkboxes.

Result: Other checkbox is unchecked and the following field with the typed in items is erased.

Found another glitch. Using 8.01 (letter)

Class Features
Step 1: Check the Other checkbox and type in anything in the following field.
Step 2: Check either the Martial or Simple checkboxes.

Result: Other checkbox is unchecked and the following field with the typed in items is erased.
This is not so much a glitch as it was the intention when I made it. Whenever you check the Martial or Simple boxes, the sheet looks at all the known weapon proficiencies and updates them so you only see the ones applicable (i.e. when you check the "Simple" box and had a proficiency with "Dagger" in the "Other" description, it removed the "Dagger" from the list). This, however, only worked with things that were added via an ability of some sort, be it race, class, or background. It would just ignore anything you added manually.

It was quite a bit of work, but I think I have a working functionality for this field in v8.1. There you should be able to manually add a weapon and it will stay there even after checking boxes or changing race/class/background/level. It will even remove your manually added weapon if it is no longer need in the Other section (as in the example above).

I have updated all three things in the download section, not only the Character Generator/Sheet, but also the Spell Sheet Generator/per class.

Character Sheet/Generator v8.1 (7-9-2015) has the following changelog:
- Added a new feature to the “Other” weapon proficiency field. Now any manually added things are parsed and checked against other proficiencies to produce a list of all proficiencies (after a bug report by Astromath)

Spell Sheet Generator v5.1 (7-9-2015) has the following changelog:
- Slight layout changes in the Excel (not in the final pdf)
- Fixed bug where it was impossible to make a complete list with the Warlock class
- Fixed description of poison spray

Complete Spell Sheet per class v4.0 (7-9-2015) has the following changelog:
- Updated to reflect all the changes in the Spell Sheet Generator (i.e. saves, descriptions, etc.)
- No longer form-fillable (might be implemented in a later version, but for a form-fillable version, see v3.4)

Astromath

First Post
A couple more suggestions:

First: I just realized you probably could abbreviate the skill names for more room. Just abbreviate them down to the first 3 letters. The exception would be the "Per" skills. They would be abbreviated to the first 4 letters, i.e. Perc = Perception, Perf = Performance, and Pers = Persuasion. Though, Perception could still be abbreviated to Per and would be understood as Perception. Your call.

Second: I love the addition of Glossary to the Complete Spell Sheets 4.0. Now for the suggestion: Would it be possible to put the glossary on its own sheet so it can be printed by itself?

Noah Ivaldi

First Post
The first page has no space concerns. Abbreviating skill names would accomplish nothing.

That did remind me of an idea that I had a while back, though: What if the skill fields were editable, like the last skill, "Tool," is? Say that your DM has some house rule in which . . . uh . . . he mixes Stealth and Sleight of Hand into a single dexterity skill by the name of . . . "Thievery," and he hates casters, so he brings back the Spellcraft skill and requires people to make stupid ability checks with it just to cast friggin' spells. Then, he house rules concentration checks back to being a skill to waste one of your class proficiencies on, rather than giving you your CON bonus to it, which works out better in the end, but gimps you for the majority of the game. I would never condone such douchery, but if you're just a player and you tolerate a DM doing stupid stuff like this, it'd be nice to have the character sheet adjust to your needs.
I'm really glad that my DM is handling pretty much everything by the book.

Astromath

First Post
@Noah: I wasn't thinking about space on the first page. I was thinking about stuff like racial features where room is at a premium without making the text proportional.

As far as house rules go, isn't that what the notes section is for?

A couple more suggestions:

First: I just realized you probably could abbreviate the skill names for more room. Just abbreviate them down to the first 3 letters. The exception would be the "Per" skills. They would be abbreviated to the first 4 letters, i.e. Perc = Perception, Perf = Performance, and Pers = Persuasion. Though, Perception could still be abbreviated to Per and would be understood as Perception. Your call.

Second: I love the addition of Glossary to the Complete Spell Sheets 4.0. Now for the suggestion: Would it be possible to put the glossary on its own sheet so it can be printed by itself?
Fist:
Just like Noah Ivaldi, I thought you meant to abbreviate the skills on the first page. Now I understand you want to suggest it for the feature texts. Currently there are no places were abbreviating the skills will save enough space that it matters. There is not a lot of reference to skills in the feature texts, so it is not something that would save a lot of space anyway. It is something to keep in mind for future additions though :)

Second:
I don't know why you would want to have the glossary separate from the spell list, but just for you I made one (see attachment).

That did remind me of an idea that I had a while back, though: What if the skill fields were editable, like the last skill, "Tool," is? Say that your DM has some house rule in which . . . uh . . . he mixes Stealth and Sleight of Hand into a single dexterity skill by the name of . . . "Thievery," and he hates casters, so he brings back the Spellcraft skill and requires people to make stupid ability checks with it just to cast friggin' spells. Then, he house rules concentration checks back to being a skill to waste one of your class proficiencies on, rather than giving you your CON bonus to it, which works out better in the end, but gimps you for the majority of the game. I would never condone such douchery, but if you're just a player and you tolerate a DM doing stupid stuff like this, it'd be nice to have the character sheet adjust to your needs.
I'm really glad that my DM is handling pretty much everything by the book.
Good thing your DM is not this annoying ;) I believe that any campaign that has this many custom rules (or really any custom rules to screw up the nicely done 5e skills) is likely to have many more custom rules that this character sheet/generator doesn't accommodate. I think it likely that even with the addition of editable skill fields, this sheet wouldn't be used by those groups anyway. Unless somebody here really is going to use this feature, I don't really feel like spending time and energy on this.

I did some more updates to the character sheet that are not related to your comments:

Character Sheet/Generator v8.2 (8-9-2015) has the following changelog:
- Made some minor clarifications in the class feature texts (with the help of Noah Ivaldi)
- Fixed a bug in the code for adding class features with the “Add Feature” button
- Fixed a bug in the code for placing class features at their right place in the text
- Added a new feature to the weapon and armor/shield proficiencies. Now the tooltip will show if you manually enabled/disabled the proficiency
- Some layout changes in the Racial Feature texts to make them faster to read and leave less ugly whitespace
- Changed the XP dialog for better handling of entering a level higher than 20 or deleting the field’s content

Attachments

• Glossary of Abbreviations used in Spell Sheet Generator (for Astromath).pdf
    105.7 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

Astromath

First Post
Thanks for the attachment. I was saying that the glossary should be on a sheet of its own is because I don't print out all 9 levels of spells for a 1st level PC. I only print out the pages that I need. Since the glossary is on the last page of the class spell list, it doesn't get printed out. But thx anyway.

Wormstrum

First Post
I found another small issue for you.
I am using v8.2 (Letter).

When I add a two or more Background Personality Traits using the "Add Features" button, instead of a space between each trait, “undefined” is printed instead.

Remove ads