D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Astromath

First Post
[MENTION=6786221]No[/MENTION]ah: Sure, I'll try it out. Right now, I have no hope of even trying to duplicate what morepurple has accomplished.

(...)EDIT: While I'm here, MPMB, I'm fixing up the file, and I noted this:

When inputting "unarmored," "naked," or "nothing," the AC field just went unchanged. I noticed that the script here showed a 0, not a 10, so I changed it. I'm assuming that the script sees that value and uses it to overwrite whatever was previously there.

Is that right?
The AC value of "unarmored" did nothing in the code, because if that entry is detected, the code also scans for an ability score and uses that for the armor calculation (i.e. "Unarmored (Int)" or "Naked (Wis)"). So changing it to 10 would change nothing. However, because of your comment I went back and tried to enter just "unarmored" without any ability score abbreviation and found out that it produces an error. So I fixed it to use the AC value in the ArmourList variable when there is not ability score abbreviation found. So now it does matter that it is 10 instead of 0 :p It will be in the next version.

I'm looking forward to your corrections! Hopefully there weren't too many grammar catastrophes.

Noah Ivaldi

First Post
Excellent!

The grammar is mostly good, or it's as close as it can be when given space concerns. I'm lookin' at you, rock gnomes. Most of the issues are in punctuation, of course, but I'm also adding in a few clarifications (e.g. elves and warforged have to take it easy for eight hours, just like everyone else, for the benefits of a long rest, and talons are monk weapons because they're still unarmed strikes), and I'm coding in some additions (Hellish Rebuke (3d10) into the reactions list of tieflings, longtooth and razorclaw weapons that show up in your weapons list when you select the races, but also have notes in their descriptions that remind you that you only have them while shifted), and consistency fixes. There's quite a bit, here, but I'm just ignoring the personality crap and leaving whatever English errors the book has, so that cuts down on the workload a lot.

EDIT: You know, I thought of something. Why exactly do equipment entries on the left all have hyphens before them? Previously, when I added a pack of things, the container would be listed as something like "Backpack, with:" with the items that are inside it listed underneath and individually preceded by hyphens, but, now, it's everything on the left side. Is this just a style preference?

Also edit: I keep forgetting to ask about the weight fields. When we have decimals that are too lengthy, such as 0.25, the fields round. Thankfully, the subtotal and total weight fields are calculated correctly when this happens, but, when we print them out, the information can be misleading. Now, I'll happily grant the fact that this, like any other issue, can be solved with a simple "RTFB" statement, but I was wondering if there was a way to eke out just enough space for the weight fields that it wouldn't have to round such things as the weight of pitons.

Last edited:

Astromath

First Post
The way I look at it (about the equipment fields) is that anything on the left hand side is in the backpack, anything on right hand side is readily available, and anything in the expanded equipment section are items that are stored or not carried on the person, but in a wagon or saddlebags.

Ohillion

First Post
Hey, something i noticed...when replacing a weapon there is a problem with the weapon stats and bonuses populating correctly when switching to a net. Perhaps this is something I'm doing wrong, but the current sheet seems to be defaulting to the previous weapon. You can't delete the damage dice so I'm thinking it's hardcoded. Can this be corrected so fields update whenever changing weapons?

Noah Ivaldi

First Post
Astromath: That is strikingly similar to how I view it. It's likely due to the way that things came up in earlier versions of this sheet.

Ohillion: I was able to replicate your problem and found it to be true of blowguns, also. I did just send MPMB another butt-ton of corrections, so he's about to update the sheet. Thankfully, he's smart enough to always check here for more problems to fix before uploading a new edition.

EDIT: You know, I thought of something. Why exactly do equipment entries on the left all have hyphens before them? Previously, when I added a pack of things, the container would be listed as something like "Backpack, with:" with the items that are inside it listed underneath and individually preceded by hyphens, but, now, it's everything on the left side. Is this just a style preference?

Also edit: I keep forgetting to ask about the weight fields. When we have decimals that are too lengthy, such as 0.25, the fields round. Thankfully, the subtotal and total weight fields are calculated correctly when this happens, but, when we print them out, the information can be misleading. Now, I'll happily grant the fact that this, like any other issue, can be solved with a simple "RTFB" statement, but I was wondering if there was a way to eke out just enough space for the weight fields that it wouldn't have to round such things as the weight of pitons.
The idea behind the hyphens is that the left column represents the content of the backpack. Astromath's explanation is exactly how I intended it when I made it :)

The rounding of the fields was because of the size. I have changed them in v8.0 to be a little bit bigger to allower for three numbers and a decimal separator. I have also changed the code so that it adapts to the number of leading and trailing numbers it has.

Hey, something i noticed...when replacing a weapon there is a problem with the weapon stats and bonuses populating correctly when switching to a net. Perhaps this is something I'm doing wrong, but the current sheet seems to be defaulting to the previous weapon. You can't delete the damage dice so I'm thinking it's hardcoded. Can this be corrected so fields update whenever changing weapons?
Astromath: That is strikingly similar to how I view it. It's likely due to the way that things came up in earlier versions of this sheet.

Ohillion: I was able to replicate your problem and found it to be true of blowguns, also. I did just send MPMB another butt-ton of corrections, so he's about to update the sheet. Thankfully, he's smart enough to always check here for more problems to fix before uploading a new edition.
Good that you found these errors! I had changed something in the weapon code some versions ago and appareantly didn't adapt the blowgun or net entries correctly. I have fixed them in v8.0

Ohillion, it is possible to change the weapon damage die. Just press the "Modifiers" button and you'll see the field where the weapons damage die is stored. It has to be stored in a separate field because you want to dynamically add an ability modifier or damage bonus (e.g. magical bonus) and still be able to change the damage die.

All this brings us to v8.0, with again a lot of corrections in the descriptions by Noah Ivaldi.
[MENTION=6797143]Noah Ivaldi[/MENTION]: I wrongfully adopted your idea of capitalizing the armor names, but had to undo that when I understood that you meant for the armor in the drop-down list to have this capitalization and not the names that are used to populate the equipment list.

Character Sheet/Generator v8.0 (4-9-2015) has the following changelog:
- Numerous fixes, clarifications, and additions to Race and Feat texts (with the help of Noah Ivaldi)
- Racial features now also add action/bonus actions/reactions
- Writing just “unarmored”, “naked”, or “nothing” in the armor field no longer results in an error (thanks indirectly to a suggestion by Noah Ivaldi)
- The source references of feats now appear regardless of if anything is already in the feat note fields
- The form fields in the # column of the equipment section have increased width
- The form fields in the Wht. column of the equipment section have increased width, allowing for two decimals (as per the suggestion of Noah Ivaldi)
- The decimals of the weights are now automatically reduced to either two, one, or zero, depending on the number of leading and trailing numbers
- Fixed bugs where the weapons “Blowgun” and “Net” resulted in errors (thanks Ohillion and Noah Ivaldi for noticing)
- Fixed some bugs with the “Auto/Manual” button and corrected some mistakes in its pop-up text
- Changed the Armor dropdown list to have each word capitalized

gerdalti

Villager
Disregard. Redownloaded the sheet and started from scratch, everything is working properly again.

Love your sheet! Thanks!

Last edited:

Noah Ivaldi

First Post
It's . . . It's beautiful. ;_;

EDIT: -facedesk-
. . . . .
I'm an idiot. I made the tiefling's Hellish Rebuke a bonus action. It's obviously a reaction. I'm an idiot.

Last edited:

Disregard. Redownloaded the sheet and started from scratch, everything is working properly again.

Love your sheet! Thanks!
Now I'm curious to know what you wrote before you edited :p Great to hear you like the sheet, hope it helps you save the princess/kill the dragon/stop the evil wizard!

It's . . . It's beautiful. ;_;

EDIT: -facedesk-
. . . . .
I'm an idiot. I made the tiefling's Hellish Rebuke a bonus action. It's obviously a reaction. I'm an idiot.
Haha, both wonder and regret in one post is funny! I should've known better than to simply take every alteration at face value, especially considering I know that Hellish Rebuke is a reaction... O well, it has been fixed in v8.01

Remove ads