D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

The spell sheet generator. I'm confused for the Cleric sheet. At level 2 with an ability modifier of 3, I should have 5 first level spells available. However, the only way I can add spells onto the sheet is to use the - Spells to add to class list, racial bonuses, class bonuses, etc: section to add everything, not just the domain spells. Is this intentional?
I think your confusion stems from the idea behind the generator, so let me explain. The idea is that you generate the spell list that your character can choose its prepared spells from. If you would play a class with spells known, such as a bard or a sorcerer, you would indeed have to fill out all your spells on the 'Input' tab, but as a cleric you know all your spells and can prepare a certain number after each long rest (5 spells in the case of your character). Just fill in everything for your cleric in the 'Input' tab and generate the spell sheet. You'll get a complete list of all cleric spells and checkboxes to check of the spells you prepare (the domain spells are already checked because they always count as prepared). This way you don't need to print a new sheet every time you want to change the spells you have prepared. The sheet even tells you how many spells your character is allowed to prepare, how many spell slots it has, and what the DC and attack for those spells are.

Hello. First off I wanted to thank you for this amazing character sheet and spell sheet project you have put together. Not only is it artistically impressive but the programming is so thorough as well. On behalf of my own playgroup, we thank you. I have had one issue though that although small, is just a wee bit annoying because I dont have acrobat to manually fix it myself. I was using the spell sheet creator, latest version, and filled out the fields for a Cleric 5/Druid 1. Cleric has tempest domain. I filled in the cantrips and all that, went to the spell sheet section to check off the spells I wanted to have checkmarks on the pdf, and the cleric ones worked just fine. However the spells that I marked as Check for the druid section did not show up with check marks in the pdf. I have unchecked them or set them to blank and then back to Check again and it doesn't seem to fix it.
Thank you, it is always great to hear people having fun with my work! You did some nice bug finding, as I just now realised I haven't implemented the check/uncheck functionality for the second class at all... Don't know why I forgot to do that ;) It has been fixed in v4.6 of the Spell Sheet Generator.

A new version of both the Character Sheet/Generator (v7.7) and the Spell Sheet Generator (v4.6) are available.

Character Sheet/Generator v7.7 (27-8-2015) has the following changelog:
- Fixed small bug upon initialization
- The “Adventure League” button now also removes the actions on page 1 that were taken from the DMG. However, they are still visible in the “Rules” section on page 3 if you choose to have it visible (as per the suggestion of Astromath)
- Added to the tooltip text of the “Adventure League” button that not all options in the character sheet are legal (as per the suggestion of Astromath)
- Fixed the descriptive text of the Druid “Archdruid” feature (thanks to Noah Ivaldi)
- Corrected some grammar errors and made some clarifications in the feat descriptions (as suggested by Noah Ivaldi)
- Fixed some bugs with feats
- The Healer feat now adds an action to the first page
- The Medium Armor Master feat now corrects stealth disadvantage upon selecting of the feat and not only when selecting a new armor
- The Skulker feat now adds text to the Vision section

Spell Sheet Generator v4.6 (27-8-2015) has the following changelog:
- Fixed a bug where it was impossible to manually check or uncheck spells prepared/known for the second class (thanks Emparawr for noticing)

Ansnom

First Post
I think your confusion stems from the idea behind the generator, so let me explain. The idea is that you generate the spell list that your character can choose its prepared spells from. If you would play a class with spells known, such as a bard or a sorcerer, you would indeed have to fill out all your spells on the 'Input' tab, but as a cleric you know all your spells and can prepare a certain number after each long rest (5 spells in the case of your character). Just fill in everything for your cleric in the 'Input' tab and generate the spell sheet. You'll get a complete list of all cleric spells and checkboxes to check of the spells you prepare (the domain spells are already checked because they always count as prepared). This way you don't need to print a new sheet every time you want to change the spells you have prepared. The sheet even tells you how many spells your character is allowed to prepare, how many spell slots it has, and what the DC and attack for those spells are.)

I get it now. Thank you for the clarification and the excellent work!

BadBanard

First Post
Sorry if this is a repeated question but I went to the tread and never noticed it. So I made an account to inquire.

Any chance we can get a update for Mystic? Doing a playtest with the class and love this your sheet to much :p, been doing it manually but it gets annoying when levelling again. So just printed it off and filled it out by hand!

Sorry if this is a repeated question but I went to the tread and never noticed it. So I made an account to inquire.

Any chance we can get a update for Mystic? Doing a playtest with the class and love this your sheet to much :p, been doing it manually but it gets annoying when levelling again. So just printed it off and filled it out by hand!
Hi BadBanard, thank you for your question. I don't have any plans of adding any unfinished, unofficial or untested material to the sheet. This is because adding a class is a lot of work and the pay-off of using these sources is simply to low. I broke this rule for races because that was the first thing I added and at the time I felt it would be the only thing. Also, adding a race is a lot less work than adding a class. If WotC turns the Mystic into official, tested material I will add it for sure!

Astromath

First Post
I just thought of how to indicate how to show what actions are not legal for Adventurere's League under the Combat Rules section. Just add an asterisk (*). Then use a tooltip for that section to say what the asterisk means.

Problem? Dragonborn Barbarian Outlander is given a speed of 60 ft and it should be 30. Using 7.7 (letter). See attachment.

Attachments

• Clawnan the Barbarian Character Sheet.pdf
    8.5 MB · Views: 623
Last edited:

fieryseraph

First Post
morepurple, when I try to download to the latest version of your character sheet, my virus software goes crazy and says the file is infected with JS:pdfka-gen [Expl]. Any thoughts?

Ohillion

First Post
morepurple, when I try to download to the latest version of your character sheet, my virus software goes crazy and says the file is infected with JS:pdfka-gen [Expl]. Any thoughts?

This is a known issue with Avast. Simply allow the file in your Avast security settings so it doesn't flag it again. I'm not familiar with other anti-virus programs but I know that Webroot scans it and calls it clean. Please note that this has been reported a number of times and has been found to be a 'false positive' with Avast users.

Astromath

First Post
Found another problem with the Complete Spell Sheet 3.4

The field width of the user entry spell name is short. When typing in "Speak with Animals (R)", I do not have enough room to type "(R)".
The field width of the user entry page number field is short. When typing in "277", I do not have enough room to type in the last digit "7". (Typing in something like 211 is perfectly fine.)

Astromath

First Post
One complaint about Acrobat Reader (I know, I need to bring this complaint to the Acrobat people): I wish there was some way to export the data to upload into the new version. (P.S.: Supposedly, there is a way to do it with AR with some sort of script. At least, that's what I found while searching the net for a way.)

I've also been taking an unofficial poll of those in our group and the local convention about who has Excel. Only one person in our gaming group has Excel and about less than 1 out of 10 have Excel in the local convention. The most common reason for not having Excel is cost. They say why get Excel when OpenOffice is free.

I'm not asking you to change now (you said you won't anyway), but I'm asking somebody out there to convert your Excel sheet into OpenOffice Spreadsheet. I've tried importing to OO, but the Excel macros you use are unique to Excel and there is no OO equivalent. If somebody out there has successfully imported the Excel sheet to OO, I'd like to know how you did it, because I can't.

I know I'm belaboring the point, but I really would like to use that Spell sheet generator.

EDIT: I just found out that you can enable the PDF files so that Acrobat Reader can export the data. See here: http://blogs.adobe.com/dmcmahon/201...r-type-text-on-a-pdf-file-using-adobe-reader/

This is assuming you have Acrobat Professional or Reader Extentions Server.

Last edited:

I just thought of how to indicate how to show what actions are not legal for Adventurere's League under the Combat Rules section. Just add an asterisk (*). Then use a tooltip for that section to say what the asterisk means.

Problem? Dragonborn Barbarian Outlander is given a speed of 60 ft and it should be 30. Using 7.7 (letter). See attachment.
Thank you for letting me know, this is a result of editing the race field to another version of the same race (so class and background have nothing to do with it :p). I'll fix this in the new version.

Found another problem with the Complete Spell Sheet 3.4

The field width of the user entry spell name is short. When typing in "Speak with Animals (R)", I do not have enough room to type "(R)".
The field width of the user entry page number field is short. When typing in "277", I do not have enough room to type in the last digit "7". (Typing in something like 211 is perfectly fine.)
I see what you mean with the name field being a little shorter than the text you want to enter. For the numbers, however, I can type "277" into the fields without problem. Maybe it is some specific fields (not all are the same size, I had to make all of them by hand). At the moment I don't have any plans for making a new version of the "Complete Spell Sheets". Maybe I'll take the time to make a version without any form-fillable fields, because that is not so much work. Adding the form-fillable fields is a lot of work because almost all of them have to be made by hand. On top of that, neither me nor my group uses this pdf, so I don't have a lot of motivation to spend another couple of days of my spare time to remake the thing.

One complaint about Acrobat Reader (I know, I need to bring this complaint to the Acrobat people): I wish there was some way to export the data to upload into the new version. (P.S.: Supposedly, there is a way to do it with AR with some sort of script. At least, that's what I found while searching the net for a way.)

I've also been taking an unofficial poll of those in our group and the local convention about who has Excel. Only one person in our gaming group has Excel and about less than 1 out of 10 have Excel in the local convention. The most common reason for not having Excel is cost. They say why get Excel when OpenOffice is free.

I'm not asking you to change now (you said you won't anyway), but I'm asking somebody out there to convert your Excel sheet into OpenOffice Spreadsheet. I've tried importing to OO, but the Excel macros you use are unique to Excel and there is no OO equivalent. If somebody out there has successfully imported the Excel sheet to OO, I'd like to know how you did it, because I can't.

I know I'm belaboring the point, but I really would like to use that Spell sheet generator.

EDIT: I just found out that you can enable the PDF files so that Acrobat Reader can export the data. See here: http://blogs.adobe.com/dmcmahon/201...r-type-text-on-a-pdf-file-using-adobe-reader/

This is assuming you have Acrobat Professional or Reader Extentions Server.
Yes this has to do with the limitation of Adobe Acrobat (both Pro and Reader). The article you linked to is about enabling form-fillable pdfs to be saveable in Acrobat Reader, which this one is. Only with LiveCycle Designer would it be possible to assign the kind of rights needed to make the exporting reader-compatible as well. However, I don't own LiveCycle and LiveCycle forms are not editable in Acrobat Pro. Because of the latter, I cannot just use the trial version of LiveCycle and, more importantly, I would have to remake the entire thing from sratch in LiveCycle. I hope you can understand that this is bit too much for this single missing feature. I am told that you can use Foxit Reader to use the export feature in this pdf. Foxit Reader is free, but it doesn't support all the other features of my sheet.

Remove ads