D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

rillithis

Explorer
I just tried this and have no issues with downloading any of the things you mention. Might it be that you have Avast virusscanner?

That apparently was the problem. I do have Avast and though I had no trouble with previous versions, disabling Avast temporarily did the trick.

EDIT 1 But when I scanned the file after downloading and re-enabling Avast, I received this threat warning. Severity High; Threat: JS.Pdfka-gen [Expl] I have never had any trouble with previous versions. Is there something in the threads about this exploit that I've missed? Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

EDIT 2 I scanned previous versions (7.01 is the latest I had) and all are clean. only the latest version of the character sheet, 7.63, has the exploit. I've also since scanned my computer and the 7.63 file is the only one that was flagged.

Last edited:

Headbomb

First Post
Gave a playtest to 7.5 (nothing changed in 7.63 to warrant reprinting my old sheets).

1) The expanded inventory on page 2 is a godsend. Still could use more space, but those extra slots are making a noticeable difference.
2) Sortable magic items on both page 2/3 is super useful.

Leveled up from Level 5 to 6 using that "add XP" button. It's super useful, but I notice that the features based on level didn't update. That's because the class level isn't incremented automatically, although the character level did. Reaching a new level should have a prompt/button asking if you want to further multiclass, or which of your existing class you want to increment.

Last edited:

Ladybam

First Post
Love the character sheet and spell sheet. There is an error that I can see on the Spell sheet for the Cleric.

Cure Wounds is 1d8+SL....
Not 1d8+1d8+SL...
Same with Healing Word, it is only 1d4+SL...
Not 1d4+1d4+SL...
You make the same error with Guiding Bolt, you have 4d6+1d6...
It should only be 4d6+SL...
Same kinda error on Inflict Wounds..

Thanks

That apparently was the problem. I do have Avast and though I had no trouble with previous versions, disabling Avast temporarily did the trick.

EDIT 1 But when I scanned the file after downloading and re-enabling Avast, I received this threat warning. Severity High; Threat: JS.Pdfka-gen [Expl] I have never had any trouble with previous versions. Is there something in the threads about this exploit that I've missed? Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

EDIT 2 I scanned previous versions (7.01 is the latest I had) and all are clean. only the latest version of the character sheet, 7.63, has the exploit. I've also since scanned my computer and the 7.63 file is the only one that was flagged.
If you read the last couple of pages of this thread (even the last page, page 34) you'll see that Avast is giving out a false positive and that it is only Avast that detects this sheet as a virus. Unfortunately I have to manually report each version to Avast and it can take a couple of days for them to respond and whitelist the file. It helps if multiple people ask Avast to make an exception for this file. You can do that here.

Gave a playtest to 7.5 (nothing changed in 7.63 to warranted reprinting my old sheets).

1) The expanded inventory on page 2 is a godsend. Still could use more space, but those extra slots are making a noticeable difference.
2) Sortable magic items on both page 2/3 is super useful.

Leveled up from Level 5 to 6 using that "add XP" button. It's super useful, but I notice that the features based on level didn't update. That's because the class level isn't incremented automatically, although the character level did. Reaching a new level should have a prompt/button asking if you want to further multiclass, or which of your existing class you want to increment.
Great to hear you like the new functionality! Updating the character level through xp addition only works if you have only 1 class. For multiclass you just have to edit the class line as well. I could theoretically add a pop-up menu that asks you which class to add the level to (or even have it ask you which class to add for starting to multiclass), but that is a lot of code for such a simple task. Is it really too much effort to manually change the class line to reflect which of your classes receives the new level? Or should I spend another day coding this? You are free to write the code yourself and I will implement it, though ;)

Love the character sheet and spell sheet. There is an error that I can see on the Spell sheet for the Cleric.

Cure Wounds is 1d8+SL....
Not 1d8+1d8+SL...
Same with Healing Word, it is only 1d4+SL...
Not 1d4+1d4+SL...
You make the same error with Guiding Bolt, you have 4d6+1d6...
It should only be 4d6+SL...
Same kinda error on Inflict Wounds..

Thanks
Thank you for your reply Ladybam. You are however misquoting the spell sheet. It doesn't say "1d8+1d8+SL" it says "1d8+1d8/SL". The subtle difference is the "/", which in this context should be read as "per", while "SL" is "additional Spell Level used". So "1d8+1d8/SL" becomes "1d8 + 1d8 per additional Spell Level used". Its usage is explained in the manual tab of the Spell Sheet Generator (or the glossary of abbreviations if you choose to add it):
Code:
+1d4/SL		Extra 1d4 for every Spell Level you use to cast the spell that is higher than the spell's original Spell Level

Headbomb

First Post
Great to hear you like the new functionality! Updating the character level through xp addition only works if you have only 1 class. For multiclass you just have to edit the class line as well. I could theoretically add a pop-up menu that asks you which class to add the level to (or even have it ask you which class to add for starting to multiclass), but that is a lot of code for such a simple task. Is it really too much effort to manually change the class line to reflect which of your classes receives the new level? Or should I spend another day coding this? You are free to write the code yourself and I will implement it, though ;)

There may be a malfunction then, because I was pure Eldritch Knight 5, and while the character level updated to 6, the class level did not. A proper level up button would be the best, but a pop-up reminder to manually update the class level would also work. Or make sure that for single-class character, both character level and class levels are updated upon level up.

There may be a malfunction then, because I was pure Eldritch Knight 5, and while the character level updated to 6, the class level did not. A proper level up button would be the best, but a pop-up reminder to manually update the class level would also work. Or make sure that for single-class character, both character level and class levels are updated upon level up.
I see what you mean. I figured that people would not put a level in the class field if they have only 1 class. I figured characters with 1 class would just use the level field. If you do that, you will notice that everything updates when you go up a level by adding xp.

rillithis

Explorer
Avast issue.

If you read the last couple of pages of this thread (even the last page, page 34) you'll see that Avast is giving out a false positive and that it is only Avast that detects this sheet as a virus. Unfortunately I have to manually report each version to Avast and it can take a couple of days for them to respond and whitelist the file. It helps if multiple people ask Avast to make an exception for this file. You can do that here.[/URL]

Thank you and sorry for the post. I was searching the pages for the name of the exploit and not Avast (derp). I have used the link you provided to report a false positive and have added your file to my Avast Exclusion list. Thanks for all your work!

Last edited:

Astromath

First Post
Re: DMG & Adventurer's League. This is just information, do with it what you will.

As I said before, Adventurer's League (I'll use AL from now on) does not allow anything from the DMG except for Magic Items. However, there are certain exceptions. The Death Domain is not allowed unless you have gotten a certificate, same for playing an Eladrin or an Aasimar. Those certificates are rather rare and are only given out in conventions. (Suggestion: Add a tooltip for those items if you haven't already done so.)

When the Sword Coast supplement comes out, none of that material will be legal for AL until Season 4 starts ~13 weeks from now.

I would also like to suggest adding a link to the AL resource page that only shows up when the Adventurer's League button is toggled: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/events/adventurers-league-resources

Re: DMG & Adventurer's League. This is just information, do with it what you will.

As I said before, Adventurer's League (I'll use AL from now on) does not allow anything from the DMG except for Magic Items. However, there are certain exceptions. The Death Domain is not allowed unless you have gotten a certificate, same for playing an Eladrin or an Aasimar. Those certificates are rather rare and are only given out in conventions. (Suggestion: Add a tooltip for those items if you haven't already done so.)

When the Sword Coast supplement comes out, none of that material will be legal for AL until Season 4 starts ~13 weeks from now.

I would also like to suggest adding a link to the AL resource page that only shows up when the Adventurer's League button is toggled: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/events/adventurers-league-resources
I looked at all the AL material and nowhere did I find the ruling that everything in the DMG is off-limits. You are correct that options for creating characters is limited to certain things, but this is only for creating characters. I don't think that means that everything in the DMG is not allowed. The DMG offers some variant rules and I can see how those are not allowed (e.g. alternative initiative system, or variant resting systems), but it also offers some rules on situations that are bound to occur, such as wanting to move through an opponent's square or dealing with a chase. On the WotC official organized play site for DMs there is even a mention of using the Dungeon Master’s Guide as an "optional nice-to-have thing". I removed the actions as you asked, but I'm not sure it is the right call. It would be great if somebody has a resource that offers a definitive answer, but for now I don't have any reason to suspect AL is cracking down on anything other than character creation when it comes to using the DMG.

As I said before, I'm hesitant to put any links in my sheet (other than the one referring to where to get a newer version). I think it is unnecessary clutter and, because it would refer to websites I have no control over, I would have to check if the link remains valid.

Astromath

First Post
Here is the quote from the Adventurer's League Player's Guide version 3.0 page 11:

"Rules for Dungeon Masters The variant rules for “Playing on a Grid” in the D&D Basic Rules and Player’s Handbook can be used if you and your players wish. Dungeon Masters should feel free to use the Dungeon Masters Guide to help run games if they so choose. However, D&D Adventurers League play does not use any other optional or variant rules as presented in the Dungeon Master’s Guide."

The Death Domain, and variant races are under the optional rules prohibition, unless you have a certificate. The same goes for the additional actions, such as Disarm, etc. Those are optional actions and therefore disallowed.

There's also an FAQ stating that magic item creation is not allowed with the exception of healing potions.

Remove ads