D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

With a lot of help form Noah Ivaldi, all class features are now checked, grammatically correct, and fully operational!

Character Sheet/Generator v7.5 (20-8-2015) with the following changelog:
- Many changes to class feature texts with regards to grammar and clarification (with big help from Noah Ivaldi)
- Added empty lines to drop-down menus for making the sheet faster to use and for people who don’t know you can edit the text in those fields (as per the suggestion of Headbomb)
- Fixed the issue of the armor field not populating in v7.4
- Fixed bug with Bardic Inspiration
- Reduced the amount of proficiency fields in the Letter version from 8 to 6 to make more room for Class Features. Now both A4 and Letter versions have the same amount of Class Feature space
- The Paladin Channel Divinity options now appear on the second page instead of the third

I left Arcane Recovery to have a recovery of "Day" instead of "Long Rest" as there's no official ruling on it that I can find.

This will probably be the last update for a while unless people find bugs, have very good ideas for additions/changes, or somebody finds an official ruling for Arcane Recovery

Astromath

First Post
The errata: Drow Magic (p. 24). Here “once per day” means you must finish a long rest to cast the spell again with the trait.

Also, in the Monster Manual, pg 11, monstrous abilities that are used 1/day means that the ability is regained after a long rest.

This may be the twitter by Mike Mearls: https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/611600516569628673

I'd like to make a suggestion concerning the companion sheet starting on page 6. I don't think that page 7 is needed. You probably could change page 7 into another companion sheet. IMO, page 6 contains all the space needed for notes. It'll be extremely rare that a 2nd page of notes will be needed.

Last edited:

The errata: Drow Magic (p. 24). Here “once per day” means you must finish a long rest to cast the spell again with the trait.

Also, in the Monster Manual, pg 11, monstrous abilities that are used 1/day means that the ability is regained after a long rest.

This may be the twitter by Mike Mearls: https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/611600516569628673

I'd like to make a suggestion concerning the companion sheet starting on page 6. I don't think that page 7 is needed. You probably could change page 7 into another companion sheet. IMO, page 6 contains all the space needed for notes. It'll be extremely rare that a 2nd page of notes will be needed.
Yea I just found out about the MM text saying that. It might be good enough to base a revisit on, but I still think it is weird there is no official errata. The Drow Magic is obviously just an errata for the Drow Magic, not for everything else similarly worded in the PHB. The twitter link you provide is a discussion about a different subject, it doesn't deal with "once per day" things at all.

I think you are talking about page 5 and 6. There is no page 7 in the sheet. I personally use page 6 instead of page 5 because my character has no companion/familiar/beast/whatever. Changing it to another companion sheet would defeat its purpose for me.

Liquidjim

Villager
Hey All,

Is the character creation rule for point buying a max of 15 for an ability score? If so, would you be able to put a little blurb in the Ability Score pop up window? Or can you go above 15 and it just costs 2 pts for each ability score above a 15?

****Sorry, I just read, 15 is the highest score using point buy. Would we be able to add that blurb for novice players since this is now a character creation sheet?****

Also, when choosing things like Human (variant), would we be able to pop a window up asking the player to choose ability scores to increase?

Lastly, you might want to change the Human Variant wording when calculating Ability Scores under Improvements from Race and Feats to "Human: +1 to two different ability scores of my choice." That way it stresses they have to be different scores and can't choose the same one twice.

Last edited:

kewby

First Post
I know you have said that the 7.5 version of your character sheet is clean but after I downloaded it, my PC tweaked out. I ran scans and removed a couple of viruses.
One of the things Avast removed was the 7.5 Character sheet. I have been afraid to download it again. Will you be getting it tuned up according to Avast? I really like the sheet but while it is still flagging as a Trojan I am very weary of it.

Why is this version tagging when the other versions did not? And are you sure a hacker didn’t tag your software with a virus?

Headbomb

First Post
">> Add "day" to Limited featured recovery buttons?
They are already there, but in your next post you recommend removing them so I guess you know they are there already...
"

I see the SR and LR buttons, I don't see the Day button.

Also on the topic of day vs long rest, many items have stuff that resets every dawn, not every long rest. Just thought I would point it out.

Noah Ivaldi

First Post
Oh, some magic items refresh on a daily timer! Right, right. Good point, Headbomb. Yeah, I agree that a "Day" refresh button would be nice so that we could list magic items in the Limited Features and track that. Cool beans.

Astromath, good find, but no, the one that I'm referring to was a pretty explicit 'all instances of things per day should be read as things per long rest,' with no room for dispute. I wish that I could find it again. I can respect MPMB's hesitation against changing Arcane Recovery until he sees such errata, though. Really, if someone knows where/how to bug the devs for said errata (I don't do Twitter, or else I'd try that.), someone should get on that . . . but, until then, leaving it as-is makes some sense.
Good point about the MM, too. I seem to recall that coming up as one of the proofs that things were changed from once/day to once/LR partway through, and some things were just missed.

Liquidjim, the sheet is still intended to be used with the book. If it were meant to replace the book, that would be overstepping some boundaries, and WotC might issue a C&D in that case. Not everything can or is meant to be conveyed through this sheet.
Good point about the variant human, though. It just makes sense to use the same language that they did for the sake of clarity.

kewby, read the last few pages of this thread. Avast has been erroneously reading a bit of his Javascript as an exploit for the past few versions. Report a false positive to them again, and then they'll sort it out again. There's no need to be wary of this.

MPMB, I just got your e-mails and will look things over again shortly.

Pagus85

First Post
Love the work! New to using your sheet and I found when adding equipment I am unable to select weapons. It's there under gear tools, and packs but there is no drop down menu and when clicked it doesn't seem to do anything. Am I missing something? Thanks for your time.

Noah Ivaldi

First Post
Pagus, you enter your weapon selections into the "Attacks" fields and armor/shield in the AC section, then click the button, and it takes the data from there. For example, if my attacks are Light Crossbow, Dagger x2, Handaxe x2, and Eldritch Blast, I enter those, manually type in the "x2"s, go down, hit the "Weapons" item in the drop menu, and it adds a light crossbow entry, a dagger entry, and a handaxe entry, each with the appropriate weight. I then manually change the quantities on the dagger and handaxe entries to 2. The weight on the right side of the entries stays the same because it's weight per unit, but the subtotal and total boxes update accordingly.

Remove ads