D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

pdegan2814

First Post
Is there any way to get the image we load in of our character to be exported into the .fdf file so that it gets auto-imported when we update to a newer version of the character sheet? I just got a hold of Foxit reader to make sure I knew how to do the export/import, and it all worked find except the character image. It's a really minor thing, and if it's the only thing I have to re-do manually when migrating my character data to a new version of the sheet I'll still be a happy camper. I just didn't know if there was any technical way to do the export/import so that image goes with it, and figured I'd ask.

I'm sorry pdegan2814, but I have to disappoint you. The image files can not be exported with the rest of the information. You have to insert them every time you movie to a new sheet. You can always ask Adobe if they could pass this feature in an update, but for now that it is not part of the official functionality.

Hope that doesn't stop you from enjoying this character sheet!

pdegan2814

First Post
I'm sorry pdegan2814, but I have to disappoint you. The image files can not be exported with the rest of the information. You have to insert them every time you movie to a new sheet. You can always ask Adobe if they could pass this feature in an update, but for now that it is not part of the official functionality.

Hope that doesn't stop you from enjoying this character sheet!

Like I said, it's a minor thing, being able to export/import the actual data is itself a fantastic feature. I very much look forward to having my character printed out on this new sheet at my next D&D session this weekend :)

Headbomb

First Post
What could be an meaningful update would be to look at the 'companion' sheet (last 2 sheets). It's barely been touched since... forever. At the very least, the HP section of the companion could be made to mirror the layout used on page 1, with the Max/Current in the 'main' box, and a 'Temp/Wounds' in the other box. Make the 'Heal' button correctly update the hit dice 'used' to reduce by a number equal to half the hit dice. Then maybe give companions an ammo section. Convert one of the notes on page 5 to be an inventory. Have a place to record the proficiency bonus.

There's probably other stuff as well, but I don't use those pages so my feedback is limited.

Last edited:

Like I said, it's a minor thing, being able to export/import the actual data is itself a fantastic feature. I very much look forward to having my character printed out on this new sheet at my next D&D session this weekend
Great to hear! Have fun this weekend (and make the other players jealous ;))!

What could be an meaningful update would be to look at the 'companion' sheet (last 2 sheets). It's barely been touched since... forever.(...)

There's probably other stuff as well, but I don't use those pages so my feedback is limited.
>> At the very least, the HP section of the companion could be made to mirror the layout used on page 1, with the Max/Current in the 'main' box, and a 'Temp/Wounds' in the other box.
Great idea! Done in the new version.

>> Make the 'Heal' button correctly update the hit dice 'used' to reduce by a number equal to half the hit dice.
Another good addition, did this as well.

>> Then maybe give companions an ammo section.
I think ammo is not something companions will use that often as they will most likely be a familiar or animal and not a humanoid with gear and ranged weapons. And even if it is the latter, it will most likely almost never see combat because 5e really tries to limit the amount of creatures every player has to control (or at least the amount of options for those creatures).

>> Convert one of the notes on page 5 to be an inventory.
Same argument as for the ammo, but here I also want to say that there is enough place to put the basics (armor, weapon, etc) down in the features/annotations section. If the companion is so complex that it needs a whole inventory section, it might be better to just give it its own character sheet.

>> Have a place to record the proficiency bonus.
Again, this would mean it is a very complex companion, possibly with character levels and whatnot. I would definitely recommend using a separate character sheet for such a companion instead of trying to fit it into a limited companion section.

With these additions it is time for a new version:
Character Sheet/Generator v8.6 (30-9-2015) has the following changelog:
- Changed the welcome pop-up to include a reference to the changelog and pointers on what features not to miss (as per the suggestions of Headbomb and Astromath)
- Added a maximum HP to the Hit Points tooltip
- Updated the companion Health section to look and work the same as on the 1st page (i.e. Current Max HP, Temporary HP, tooltip with hp, heal button for half HD) (as per the suggestions of Headbomb)

pdegan2814

First Post
I'm not sure if I'll ever have a need to use it, since I'll likely be sticking with printed copies of this sheet during actual gameplay, but how does the Heal button work when it comes to multiclass characters with different-sized Hit Dice? For example, if you have a character with 6d8 and 6d10 worth of Hit Dice. If you've used 5d8 and 3d10, then take a long rest, how does the Heal button determine which Hit Dice to restore? Does it start with the largest and work its way down until it's restored the appropriate number of Hit Dice, or does it evenly distribute the restoration? I ask mostly out of curiosity, as my character is currently a Level 3 multiclass and I don't even know if there's a rule governing such things or if it's just "whatever the DM is cool with". :)

You can test it yourself with a clean sheet. You don't even have to fill in classes, you can just full in the HD fields.

But if you don't want to test it yourself: The sheet auto-fills the HD fields with the biggest die on top, continuing down with the smaller dice. When you press the heal button, it starts with the die on top and goes down.

Amazing stuff, I love it so much especially the GW2 graphic style ;D

Character Sheet v2.2 (Letter) file is down! =(
Great to hear! I honestly have no idea if the design was inspired by GW2 or not ;)

As for the file being down, this is in the download's description:
Download description said:
Missing files
Some older files are still visible but are unavailable (i.e. "Character Sheet v2.2 (Letter).pdf", "Spell Sheet generator v1.7.zip", "Spell Sheet generator v3.5.zip", and "Thumbnail_enworld.jpg". This is an issue with enworld unfortunately.
I have contacted the enworld administrator(s?) about this issue several times, but have never received a meaningful reply. So, I'm guessing there is nothing that can be done about it.

Remove ads